[Phinigel] Shammy burned out so rerrolling

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by MeninoMaroto, Aug 3, 2016.

1. MeninoMaroto New Member

Hello Guys,
    I have a pretty decent geared shammy at 38, but I am getting very burned out. Can't find groups never at prime time, ones I find are usually a fail boat so to get a ride of these bad times I decided to roll a SK.

Would you guys advise me on twinking?

To start what should I get ac/hp jewerly, plus fungi and which weapon/shield?

Also I plan on going Ogre or Iksar. Which one would you guys suggest? I never played evil classes before so any points on levelling them? Levelling route/places to bind to not be far from group actions and so on?

Also who makes the best SK Ogres or Iksars? I do want to min/max
  2. Kutsuu Augur

Shard of Night (21/24) will probably be the best performer from 1-29, and Reaver from 30 until you get raid weapons.

IMO Ogre will feel a good bit stronger due to stat advantages and frontal stun immunity. Especially when you already have a fungi. Ogre can slam, so using the 2h weapon won't hurt your ability to interrupt casters.

With Ogre I'd probably go Innothule > Uguk > Lguk > CoM or similar. You could also kill guards in HHK and/or do nobles in HHK at higher level.

Iksar I'd go FoB > Kurns > WW giants > FM giants > CoM, with some OT/DL thrown in if needed.
    MeninoMaroto likes this.
  3. MeninoMaroto New Member

Do you have a less expensive alternative to shard of night since it will only last a few lvs? Going straight reaver I think its maybe not very good due to being slow?
  4. Pikallo Augur

If you consider a shard of night expensive, I wouldn't even call it twinking! It costs like 1k pp at this point.
  5. taliefer Augur

ogre is really the best choice imo. iksar may be the best from a pure numbers min/maxing due to the ac bonus, but...

the frontal stun immunity is just such a nice thing to have, and SKs dont get stun immunity aas for sometime, and im not sure if they even get the full immunity ones that warriors do. not having to spend AA is a nice short term bonus in luclin as well.

after years of playing a warrior with the stun immune aas, and trying to play a non ogre warrior on this server, getting stunned was such an annoying thing. be even worse if i was playing a tank that needed to cast for agro id think.
  6. Kroak Journeyman

Personally shaman is the class I would be least likely to invite to a group, despite having played one as my main for 5 years from Kunark up to GoD. Basically any class would be more likely to get you a group than a shaman. But if you have to do it on a budget, I would go with a cleric or a caster, most likely an enchanter.
  7. Kutsuu Augur

Ebon Mace would give you basically the same dmg output from 1-19. Shard of Night will do a bit better than Ebon Mace from 20-29, but it's not a huge difference.

Dmg caps are:
    1-9 = 20
    10-19 = 38
    20-29 = 60

This means Reaver's 40 damage won't be fully utilized until level 30. Reaver would act like a 10 dmg 40 delay weapon 1-9, 19 dmg 40 delay weapon 10-19, and a 30 dmg 40 delay weapon from 20-29.
  8. Rhodz Augur

^ This
    Sham remains the only class to date I could never get very excited about playing. Just is what it is.

Tanks cost, roll a caster or melee dps if plat is limited.
  9. Until We Felt Red Augur

1k isn't a lot if you've got dozens of Krono, but for your average player sub-60, that's not a trivial amount of plat for a single item. I'm 48 and I've spent less than 7k on my entire inventory.
  10. Accipiter Old Timer

It's more like 2-3K anyway.
  11. Evil.Iguana Elder

Do you not enjoy playing the shaman at all or is it just the frustration of not being able to get a group that is leading you to switch?
  12. MeninoMaroto New Member

more the frustration, because it gets old pretty quick not bewing able to play the game
  13. Benedictous Journeyman

How are you not finding groups? Im a brand new 35 shaman and I haven't had a problem since level 5 getting groups.

Are you Malo/Slowing? Are you keeping important buffs up? Are you canni dancing? Are you acting as primary/secondary healer?
    If you are in a caster heavy group are you putting Malo on every mob? They love that. Are you Maloing the chanter/necro charmed pets?

The only downside ive seen to Shammy so far is I just dont have enough spell slots and mana for everything i need to do and single buffing is annoying.
  14. MeninoMaroto New Member

it was a breeze for me up to 38. now i am stuck just bad days.

yes i am playing the class as it should be played
  15. Benedictous Journeyman

well thats not good for me then lol
  16. Kutsuu Augur

By far the most shunned classes on Phinigel are still Pal/Rng/Necro. Shaman is an amazing melee-DPS buffer and has a lot of useful utility - I've never experienced people saying "eww no don't get a sham" so I don't know where you guys are coming from exactly.
    Starr likes this.
  17. Linder2 New Member

41 SK on Phinigel here , If you felling burned out because can't find groups at prime time, DON'T and NEVER play a SK . If u do , it will just make you think you're just a shadow of a roadside stone , no one care and no one need you !! Dark and lonely surround you , make you are a really SHADOW knight ......
  18. Risiko Augur

From what I have seen, tanks are the most needed right now on Phinigel. There's never enough tanks looking for group.
  19. Moggman Elder

you mispelled warrior, sk's are plentiful and from what i hear pallys arent very good
  20. Sephyroth New Member

Pallys are awesome.. always