Phinigel Kunark Launch Date Q. (for FAQ)

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Machen, Dec 15, 2015.

1. Machen New Member

Could you all please let us know the exact unlock date for Kunark on Phinigel?

If it is exactly 84 days from Phinigel's launch, that would put it at noon PST on March 2.

Some have wondered though whether the 84 day unlock schedule is tied the two week block voting system, which might put the unlock at 12:01 AM on March 7 (the closest two week voting block possibility). Especially since you went with 12 weeks instead of 13 weeks or 90 days.

Which is it? When did the 84 days of classic start ticking down? Inquiring minds would like to know.

Thanks.
    FurySoul and PathToEternity like this.
  2. Lucy Elder

Unless they adjust xp, they need to make it 16 weeks.
  3. Machen New Member

This thread is not about what players would like the unlock speed to be. It is about when the 84 day unlock schedule they have announced will fall. Please take your discussion of how long expansions should last to other threads.
  4. Lateryn Augur

Correct me if I am wrong, but there is no voting period.
  5. Machen New Member

There is no voting period, correct, but players have speculated that they went with 84 days (12 weeks) instead of 91 days (13 weeks) or 90 days because the unlocks might still be tied to the automated 2 week system. The previous progression servers could ONLY unlock expansions on two week increments. We just want to know for sure.
  6. taliefer Augur

Wasn't there also something about expansions only being able to unlock on Mondays on these servers too?
  7. PathToEternity pathtoeternity.pro

This question went unanswered before and I would like to see a response from Roshen or another member of DB staff.
    EQ1999 likes this.
  8. Grish Augur

An answer would be great, in fact, why not just post a tentative schedule(subject to change) for every expansion release.
  9. Nolrog Augur

Stop it already. There's no need to adjust the XP rates as I've proven to you time and again. If you spent half as much time in game as you did complaining about the XP on the forums, you'd probably be 50 yourself.
  10. Nolrog Augur

There is something about the Monday issue, but I think it was more to give them predictability on the openings (that's why 84 days instead of 90, which could occur on the weekend. . . . although, I'm not sure why they didn't go to 13 weeks instead of 12, which would have been 91, but I digress.)
  11. Machen New Member

That's why I am raising the question. 13 weeks would have made more sense unless it is somehow tied in to the 2 week cycle they already have in place.
  12. TowerDefense Augur

This is very important. I need to start saving vacation time!
    Jitar likes this.
  13. TarewMarrForever Augur

March 2nd, 2016.

That's 84 days / 12 weeks from launch.
    Simone and Finchy like this.
  14. code-zero Augur

It's a flat 12 weeks, period. No vote, no contingent on any content being unlocked. If no one has downed Naggy and Vox when Kunark unlocks then no one has downed Naggy and Vox and Kunark will unlock. If the Planes haven't been between in 12 weeks then Kunark unlocks with the Planes unbeaten.

Phinigel announcement

and just so you don't have to read the entire thing here's the part you asked about

No one needs to come here and comment or make any other announcements. The only thing they missed was that the EXP was going to be slower and nothing would have changed if it was announced.
  15. fransisco Augur

are the planes already open, or will be they a separate unlock?
  16. TowerDefense Augur

This is not wrong, but the issue is and always has been with these servers...that the unlocks never happen at the day you think it should because of weird voting rules and strange unlock requirements (even weeks).

All he's asking is a dev to confirm, shouldn't be too difficult. Until then everything unfortunately is just speculation. No matter how accurate that speculation seems..
  17. code-zero Augur

Nothing to reconfirm, it's a set date locked in opening. How would they know if some weird circumstance will arise that might delay the unlock? This is not speculation, it's part of the original lock announcement and to be questioning it sort of makes me wonder if you are looking for something from them to twist around so you'll have a grievance on the day that Kunark opens
  18. Machen New Member

They have never actually said this. It might have been implied, but they have never explicitly stated this. In fact, the one time PathToEternity pinned Roshen down on it, Roshen responded "Let me get back to you" and then never did (instead of simply answering "Of course it is locked in at opening.") That at the very least raises the possibility that this isn't as cut and dry as you might think.
  19. TowerDefense Augur

No, I actually like DBG, and if you looked at either of my accounts posting history you won't find me complaining about much in regards to the company (mainly just the players).

I'm not trying to find some loop hole. I'm just saying, throughout 3 different iterations of progression servers, there have been strange choices made as to the unlock dates for expansions that should have happened earlier.

I understand it's a set 84 days. I understand there's no voting. I just wanna make sure that every 84 days regardless of the day of the week. Regardless of the position of the sun. Regardless of the phase of the moon... An exp will unlock. That's all.
  20. Solkos Augur

Here is a cut and paste directly from the Q and A about Phinny. This was written by Roshen.

Players won’t vote to unlock content on Phinigel, and the server won’t wait until all of the raid content is defeated before the expansion unlock timer starts. Instead, every 12 weeks, expansion content will unlock on this server.
    That means 12 weeks of Classic EverQuest, 12 weeks of The Ruins of Kunark, 12 weeks ofThe Scars of Velious, and so on. This is a server for players that want to move through the content faster than the previous progression servers have allowed.
    Finchy likes this.