Phinigel Expedition/Instancing Bugs

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Radien, Dec 29, 2015.

1. Radien Elder

Plane of Hate
    • Players are unable to request the expedition. The [danger] trigger does not initiate a DZ. Nor does [ready] or any other phrase that we tried.
    The Hole (Master Yael)
    • Master Yael does not spawn inside the expedition.
    Plane of Sky
    • Buffs do not drop upon zoning in. Any pet can be summoned inside (not limited to Air Elementals). Necromancer pets do not turn into wisps.
    General
    • Sometimes lockouts are much longer than they should be. For instance, we received a 12 day Lord Nagafen loot lockout. This is longer than the 6.5 day period as intended.
    Kuldiin, Slambit, Fhiele and 3 others like this.
  2. Krondal New Member

I've currently got a 25D10H loot lockout on the Hole, and Master Yael didn't even spawn.
  3. Lifebane Augur

Intrepid Syndicate also received a 12 day lockout on Phinny.
  4. PathToEternity pathtoeternity.pro

Can confirm, no Yael for Broken Wave and we did get the extra long lockout. Will double check Phinny when I get home, though I think we got a normal lockout on him. More data forthcoming as we're beginning to try out the expeditions.
  5. Machen New Member

Did you guys drop and add people to the dz?

We have only gotten extra long lockouts when we have removed someone from the dz and then readded that person.
  6. PathToEternity pathtoeternity.pro

I do not believe I removed anyone during, but I added several mid-expedition. Afterwards I did manually removed a bunch of people before requesting the Phinny expedition. I did the same at the end of Phinny which didn't seem to mess with the lockouts - maybe it is only adding people?

Good catch.
  7. PathToEternity pathtoeternity.pro

Is there an entry on that Daybreak Bug Tracker thing? I don't really know how to use it but I think with a walkthrough most of the Phinny raiding guilds would be willing to heavily upvote/like/whether these expedition issues to the top.
  8. Silv Augur

The double lockout issue is *really* similar to some of the lockout problems we had recently on Live. In Arx if you added people at certain times in the script (at the end) it would give the individual a double lockout. In TBM progression if you did things too quick/wrong order/whatever it could also bug out and give a double lockout. For Hate/Fear you could get double lockouts on trash by re-getting the task or screwing up trash.

That makes me think that the lockout mechanism is getting confused and trying to calculate the lockout based on already having one which it thinks isn't supposed to be allowed.

Out of curiosity, why are you adding/removing people from the DZ anyway? Could just leave them in. Or is there a low cap on players for TLP DZs?
  9. Catashe Augur

Theres also a bug it seems where if you engage or kill a mob before everyone says "ready" to the dude and zones in.. That some people won't be able to zone in even if they are in the DZ.. IDK if that has something to do with the combat timer or what but its a real hassle when it comes to zones like Fear where your pretty much guarenteed to get agro as soon as you zone in
  10. PathToEternity pathtoeternity.pro

Last night was the first time I'd done DZ's in years. For adding people, I wasn't sure if it was enough for then to be in the same raid, or if they manually needed to be added. At the end of the Hole I was thinking you couldn't join a different DZ if you already had another. Later I realized that was probably not the case.

The cap on these is purportedly 72 players.
  11. taliefer Augur

i received an 18 day lockout on fear, and i never dropped or was readded. its bugged to all hell
  12. PathToEternity pathtoeternity.pro

Actually that's an interesting point. I got the long lockout and I was the leader/requester. No one added or removed me.
  13. TowerDefense Augur

It should be noted that mobs in PoSky are utilizing the first iteration of the MotM buff (prior to it being retuned).

Leading to about 40% more life and 50% harder hits than in non instanced sky.

(Please note these %ages are complete estimates!
  14. Angered Augur

can a party of 6 people get an instance of the hole and just clear all the mobs for exp / loot (same with Pohate when it works) ?
  15. PathToEternity pathtoeternity.pro

Yes. The Hole would take a good bit of time though for 6 level 50's.
  16. pimenttoncheese Elder

Also the sky instance is the old buffed version before the revamp which made the buffs less drastic.
    IE Open sky and instanced sky are not the same difficulty wise.
  17. valek New Member

Just killed Vox and got no loot :(
  18. Machen New Member

Iirc we were experimenting with trying to get the hate raid (broken), while waiting in the yael raid hoping he would pop (broken). When our efforts at spawning hate failed, we re-added people to the yael instance.
    Silv likes this.
  19. PathToEternity pathtoeternity.pro

Dat Hole loot lockout:

[IMG]
  20. Catashe Augur

At least its just the Hole Path.. I got that kinda lockout on Fear...