Phinigel, DoDH question (Vule)

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by nightork, Oct 22, 2017.

1. nightork New Member

While I appreciate this is quite a way off, the player base has a decent history of proactively feeding back to the dev team things that could cause major issue to the server.

Do we/can we have a clarification on if Vule in Dreadspire will be instanced or not?

I'm sure I am not alone in seeing this as a major hindrance and drama if its left to open world only.

Thankyou for your time :)
  2. Machentoo Augur

THey are about to release a new expansion. It isn't on their minds at all right now.

Prathun said they'd look at it after the new year. Hopefully it might happen sooner than that, as that doesn't give much time to implement anything, but I'd not expect any response for a month or two yet.
  3. Jackson New Member

Oh I think it's pretty much a guarantee that this will be a disaster if left only in the open world. All it takes is one guild who decides they aren't gonna play nice, and I'd be willing to be Krono that guild will be the one who has the most egg on their face after their disastrous showing in Omens of War.
  4. Barudin_Phinigel Augur

It will be a disaster to the point that it would break the server. Vule was designed to be a time sink for a longer expansion period with alot less active raid guilds.

Not to mention raid guilds will actively mess with the encounter up for other raid guilds because they can.
  5. Darchon_Xegony Augur

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq...w-agent-of-change-thread.243811/#post-3582838

Made this post awhile ago but I'm sure Devs are just busy with the live expansion.

As mentioned in this post and that post, the server can be blocked by 1-2 guilds farming open world Vule if no instance option is available. Beyond that, the mechanics of the fight lend themselves to debauchery. People will just force banishes by constantly exceeding 24 players on the hate list and it will be a total cluster.

This definitely needs to have its own AoC with Vule in it. Anything short of that will be a disaster for the raiding population of the server that is trying to get some new content to fill raid days after all of GoD and MPG trials are rotting and Anguish is mostly alt gear.
  6. Ryak Augur

7. Prathun Developer

We can look into this after the launch of the Ring of Scale expansion.
    Thanks for the proactive heads up. :)
  8. Ohfuggle Elder

Is it really cool to derail threads to bash another guild? Thought ya'all were going for that family vibe.

Maybe Jackson didn't get the message.
  9. Meso_Phinny Journeyman

I agree, this is an important issue. Now that this has been brought to their attention, I feel like Daybreak will get instances in place for this just like they have every other required raid in every expansion before this.

Also, There's no one named Jackson in our guild. Despite what you are implying, there isn't anything in his post history indicating he has a character of another name that is in our guild either.
  10. Jaera Augur

Hi Prathun, just a quick reminder since it might be buried somewhere. The following zones/raid events/NPCs should be instanced in DoDH and PoR in order to provide progression to everyone:

* Dreadspire Keep - Master Vule the Silent Tear (item for access quest to Demi-Plane of Blood)

* Relic, the Artifact City - Tsikut, Shar`Drahn, Ashenback, Porthio the Second Born and Nightshade (items for access quest to Daosheen's Chambers)

* The Devastation - Titanothon and one of Bartol the Cragmaker, Trolgar the Tremendous, or Vooersalor the Crafty (2 bones necessary for access quest to the Razorthorn Raid Instance)

* Sverag, Stronghold of Rage - One of Aryer the Warlord, Jyrta the Watchful Eye, Keloss the Ruthless, Nezark the Undying Spirit, Prexak the Champion, Razorclaw the Defiant, Ruingtor the Champion, or Sazlak the Omnipotent (a bone necessary for access quest to the Razorthorn Raid Instance)

* Theater of Blood - Gnarlibramble, Maestro Tan'lor, Anastasia the Thought Drinker, Vasella Fireblood, Valik the Cruel, and Mad Mary-Anne (inspiration necessary for access quest to Deathknell)

After that, all progression is instanced or done by group tasks/quests/missions.

Thanks!
    Ryak and Venalin like this.
  11. Ohfuggle Elder

A+ to Prathun for looking into this.

A) Not everyone's forum name matches their in-game name.
    B) Only one guild calls it "second main". Yours.
  12. Warrior007 53 61 74 6f 73 68 69

Ohfuggle likes this.
  13. Finchy Augur

don't be hatin dude. You know well and good we don't roll like that.

fuggle talks too much, and doesn't leave trolls alone, that is all :D
  14. Meso_Phinny Journeyman

Lol. Everquest TLP forum does have more trolls than Grobb.
  15. Ryak Augur

Dang, I spent forever reading through the quests and only caught Vule and Theater of Blood. This list needs to get seen for sure, so they can at least look at all of these!
  16. Ohfuggle Elder

Teach me senpai, my thirst for spice is too great.
  17. Meso_Phinny Journeyman

The biggest issue with Devastation, Sverag, and Relic is most of the stuff can be 2 grouped with ease. These don't require 24+ people anymore. Porthio is the only hard mob out of those three zones.
  18. Ryak Augur

The key is the respawn time moreso than how many people it takes to kill them. If they have a multi-day respawn time, then it's going to be a bottleneck to progression unless its instanced. If its 2 hours, it's probably not an issue.

I actually have no idea where these particular mobs fall on that spectrum.
  19. Machentoo Augur

The devs have repeatedly said that the key is how many people it takes to kill them, to make the determination whether it will be added to AoC or not. Groupable mobs are not put in AoC no matter how much of a bottleneck they are.
  20. Jaera Augur

All of the fights I've listed are, in-era, not groupable. You can debate with the strength increases due to the modified system that they're easier than they were before, but they're intended to be done with multiple groups.

I think the only one that is doable in-era with a group is perhaps the 'great military commander' in Devastation, and even then I'd consider that iffy. The rest are certainly raid mobs in-era.