Phini : Rogue or Monk... can t decide...

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Greendav, Dec 29, 2015.

1. Greendav Lorekeeper

Hello there, i need some help to chose my classe on the new server progression.
    I just can t decide between rogue or monk
    If you can advise me, taking into account the following points...

- I would like to make only one classe on there serveur in order to max my caracter, travel, make donjon and of course play in groupe. (raid is not a priority)

- Because of my personnal life, i won t play more than one month on each expansion, so i won t have so much time to work on my gear.

- If i do a monk i would probably restart an iskar monk on kunark and use the stuff of my old character.

I also have question concerning Hide of the rogue. I heard this could help to lose agro in combat ? (like fd even if fd can also work is you solo) Is this true.

Thanks for advises

2. Nerdz Elder

Monk 100% hands down right now. If you want rogue, don't do it until at least vellious and beyond. They are so flipping under powered.. On the other hand monk are tuned very powerfully!
  3. Poydras Augur

Monks are usually expected to be pullers. So you might make your decision based on whether you want to do that. Also if you want to solo, monks can and rogues cannot.

Yes hide reduces rogue aggro. It triggers their evade skill.
  4. Ultrazen Augur

Monk by a mile.

1. Rogues are fairly horrible in the early eras, and 100% gear dependent.

2. Monks can level to 60 naked with no weapons, and do well. The lack of need for gear is huge when starting on a new server.

Level your monk up first, then twink a rogue when velious hits.
  5. toasty4800 Elder

Rogues are great in later expansions. Sure you can wait and level one up later, but if you level one now and start working on him, when the expansions hit you will already be set up to have one bad a** rogue. That's what I'm doing.
  6. Dethecus Elder

"Later" means more than 180 days away. I think you'd have a better overall experience playing a monk now. Monks are always wanted in a group. When we get a monk I always think "Nice a real puller" when we get a rog I think "Ugh, I hope he has decent gear... Should have gotten a wiz/mag/necro"
  7. toasty4800 Elder

It also depends on how you play I watch DPS meters with a parse and I have out dps'd lazy mage/necro/wiz all the time while they sit and barely cast. Furthermore rogues are welcome on the raid scene as our dps is consistent and we don't have to worry about spells getting resisted.

Anyone who hates rogues obviously doesn't know anything about this game.
  8. Dethecus Elder

Don't mistake my groan for hate - it's simply just gear dependency as to the effectiveness of their dps. I have no qualms with a well geared rogue - Just in comparison a poor geared mage/necro/wiz will out dps a poor geared rogue.
  9. Ducreux Augur

If the mage is 47 he will outdps a rogue provided they simply send the pet in.

I'm maining a rogue because I want to play one in Velious+ and with the exp rate being what it is I'm not going to level 1-50(60) again, but I am also painfully aware that I am essentially being carried through multiple expansions.