Phingel Instances eating corpses

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Vanrau, Jan 26, 2016.

1. Vanrau Augur

Anyways else have an issue with a instance eating a player corpse if the instance is dropped?

Corpse's didn't pop out at the Agent of Change or anywhere in the open zone.
  2. Nickatropolis Augur

Yes it has happened to a couple players on raids I've been on.
  3. Pseudofate Augur

[IMG]
  4. PathToEternity pathtoeternity.pro

Can you get it in Shadowrest perhaps?
  5. Venthos Augur

I had this realization about a week in and wondered what would happened, assuming the worst. Seems like you've confirmed it.

At the same time I realized this possibility, I also wondered if Shadowrest would store'em. So, yeah, +1 to PathToEternity's recommendation. Report back your findings, please! :D
  6. Vanrau Augur

Shadowrest didn't have the corpses, checked already.
  7. Regular_Guy New Member

I can also confirm this. Deliberately left a corpse in PoF instance, it disappeared with the instance. It was not available in Shadowrest or anywhere else.
  8. Machen New Member

We had this happen a few nights ago on Fippy as well. Dropped an instance of Sepulcher West, figured we'd go do another event then rez afterwards when the corpses popped out. An hour later the corpses were still in the instance according to consent--showing Sepulcher West but definitely not in the base zone. Thankfully not as big a deal on Fippy since we can lobby summon etc.
  9. Laronk Augur

Please re-acquire your lost experience through regular gameplay.
  10. PathToEternity pathtoeternity.pro

Heh.

Can you imagine this attitude in other areas of life? Like even something as simple as a vending machine eating your money:

"Please re-acquire any lost coin or currency through your usual means of income."
  11. Whizbang New Member

Did they ever state that corpses would be moved out of instances? This seems like a fairly tough task. The obvious answer to this is to rez before you leave, unless they made a claim you wouldn't have to somewhere.
  12. Machen New Member

A fairly tough task that every other instance in the game manages to accomplish.
  13. Vaclav Augur

Including via the summon text with the dudes there? Or did you just assume they would be there by default?

(Making sure you know how SR operates - it's not automatic)
  14. Whizbang New Member

Huh, I've never noticed. Now when you say "instance" do you mean /picks? or raid instances? Because while it may work on /picks it might not on raid instances. That's why I asked if there was ever a clarification released by the devs?
  15. Vanrau Augur

[Tue Jan 26 10:03:52 2016] You say, 'Hail, Keeper of Lost Things'
    [Tue Jan 26 10:03:53 2016] The spectral figure stares into your soul with cold eyes, its voice entering your mind. 'We keep all that has been lost. In times past, nothing lost could be returned once it was mine. Times have changed. The bodies, your [bodies], that were lost to you can now be returned.'
    [Tue Jan 26 10:03:55 2016] You say, 'bodies'
    [Tue Jan 26 10:03:55 2016] The voice booms angrily in your mind, 'Be gone from this place. You waste my time!'
  16. Vaclav Augur

D'oh - disappointing.
  17. EQvet Elder

Instances eat corpses. Stop trying to come up with places the corpse might or should be lol.
  18. Ecksesive Journeyman

WTS: Corpses 2 krono per, free 0% res with every purchase
  19. Machen New Member

20. Machen New Member

I mean raid instances (or group instances for that matter,) not pickzones. If you have a corpse in an instance, and the instance is dropped, most of the time the corpse will pop out in 20-30 minutes near the instance request mob in the static zone. If you banner into the instance from the guild hall, or campfire in, the corpse will for some reason go to the tranq stone in pok instead (but that isn't what is happening here since consent does not show pok.)

his works for literally thousands of different instances--every instance from PoP on to current live content. So no reason they shouldn't have it implemented correctly on Phinny.