Phin Class Needs

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Jaemon, Apr 1, 2016.

1. Jaemon New Member

Sorry to ask a question that's been asked ad nauseum, but by it's nature, this is a subject that changes as a server ages and progresses.

I'm coming back to the game after 10 years of bouncing from other MMOs. I played on Tarew Marr from 99-06, and i'm giving into nostalgia and reinstalling as I type this.

I'm interested in playing something that will be not only group-friendly, but raid friendly and late-game friendly once other expansions drop.

My original mains were a Cleric, Monk, and Warrior, so I'd prefer to stay away from those, despite their all-around usefulness.

How is the current-state-and-needs of Rogues, Rangers, and Paladins?
    Thanks for the input!
  2. liveitup1216 Augur

Rogues, bards, rangers, and paladins are probably the least populated (in that order with paladins being least, from what I can tell).

Group tanks are usually in short supply, so grouping on a paladin would be much easier than range/rogue.

There are more rogues than rangers it feels, but also more of both than paladins.

Good bards are always needed. Always.
  3. Jaemon New Member

I was literally the worst bard in existence. I tried a bard once when Luclin came out because it seemed like as good a time as any - and I was wrong (though I did enjoy the BM class).

Anyway, I tend to lean toward pallies in most games, so I may go with my gut and roll an HIE Tunare pally, planning ahead for PoP.
  4. Vaclav Augur

Paladin is probably the highest demand of those classes right now. They only appeal to a pretty limited number of people though, I'd give them a shot before committing.

As for Rogue/Ranger if Paladin doesn't work out - both are solid, each in their own way. Rogue is a simpler class to excel at, but Rangers can really shine if you want a ton of things to learn and tinker with.

Of them for server usefulness I'd say Paladin, Ranger, Rogue in that order (Demand-wise) but make sure you play something you find fun, that's the most important thing at the end of the day.
    Rhiyannon and liveitup1216 like this.
  5. Yanbik New Member

What was your name and guild on tarew marr?
  6. -wycca Augur

Rogue, Ranger, Paladin are probably the rarest classes. I'd peg Wizzie as low too.

The most useful of those for raids is probably a Rogue, and for the group game, I'd imagine you're looking at Rogue or Paladin. Rogues still have some stigma to overcome from classic, but they're one of the top melee dps now and will only continue to improve.
  7. Jaemon New Member

I wasn't anyone important on TM - my warrior was Jaemon, and my monk was Kosk. I was in Champions of Norrath. Back in the EQ days I was still very new to MMO's and did pretty poorly at everything. All I accomplished was getting the cleric and monk (1.0) epics, and making every newbie mistake in the book along the way.
    Rhiyannon likes this.