Pets and Elegant Armor and problems.

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Enigma Maitreya, May 20, 2016.

1. Enigma Maitreya Augur

Ok, Summoning the Necromancer level 85 pet (pet focus EM5).

As best as I can tell by con color, the pet is between 79 and 80.

Using the summoned pet focus em13, Alakazam list the minimum pet level as 81 and it wont focus the pet. The Gators in Loping planes are LB and again Alakazam list them as 78/78. The Pet con's as DB.

Now then Giving the pet a full set of Elegant armor (piece replacements vs summoned armor) + the summoned belt.

Cast L85 Mage DS on the pet. With standard summoned everything the ds damage is 164. Eighty percent of the time with the Elegant Armor it is 177 and the pet, while appearing to take less damage is probably really the net results in additional HP's. Twenty percent of the time the DS is 146 and the pet seems to take a lot more damage.

Even when the Positive advantages of the Elegant Armor are seemingly working any given login can switch the pet to the lower values and taking more damage.

Anyone have any ideas what is going on here?
  2. Potawatomi Augur

Are you giving your pet a back item?
  3. Enigma Maitreya Augur

Nah, I put the summoned armor items on the left side and then put best I could get items on the right side opposite to the summoned item. In short only the items the summoned armor pack had in it, sans the Summoned Belt, that was given to the pet.

I also gave the pet the heirlooms items. None of those go to the back, the only conflict is on the wrist item.

For what it is worth, this has happend ... oh maybe 6 to 9 time.

But you bring up an interesting point, what if that last patch messed up the back slot somehow, what with the thread pet nerf since the last patch.
  4. --Voodoo-- Augur

Quite a while back I recall an issue where suspending a pet, or logging out/in (and maybe even zoning) would destroy some or all of the items a pet had equipped. That could still be an issue.

I want to say it was attunable gear in non-visible slots only, but maybe wrong on that. What slots specifically are you giving the pet, other than summoned items?
  5. Enigma Maitreya Augur

Well, it would be head, arms, feet, gloves, chest, legs, waist. That would be from the summoned armor, neck, wrist(x2), ring, ear, shoulder, from the heirlooms and summoned face.

For the record, I use the highest Plate(if I am not going to use elegant) and the highest Heirloom I can find as they do not have req. levels, least wise not that I know of.

The pet previous to the new patch, was working fine for maybe 4 days(?) after the patch it was fubared.

I may just go with the summoned items for a while as they are better than when the elegant goes bad as it appears to subtract the values it should be adding.
  6. Vrinda Augur

I would love it if they'd create a pet tab (like the merc tab) to let us see what items the pet has equipped. Even better, of course, would be pet stats (again, just like the merc tab). It would remove so much of the guess work.