Pet Swarm Nerfed

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Ozadar, Feb 17, 2016.

1. Ozadar Elder

Daybreak,

Once again you completely broke something that didn't need fixing. Previously, you could cast progressively lower Pet Swarm spells back-to-back with some delay to keep mobs occupied during raids and help tank mobs that summoned or could not be rooted.

NOW: You can only cast one Pet Swarm spell at a time, period. Pet Swarm has been reduced to being a cool looking DOT. Any utility that spell line had is now gone. Totally deballed down to barely a shadow of its former self.

First you go after Mages and Necros with your ridiculous killing of pet aggro (fixed today under much pressure from the community) and now you go after Pet Swarm. Unbelievable!!!

Do you hate, I mean really hate, pet classes that bad? When rogues round nearly every class in 1 sec and do nothing so radical to balance other classes, you show your unmitigated malice again toward pet classes.

Advice: Stick to fixing bugs as Urgent Fixes. Leave tuning character performance as Routine or Nice to have.

Ozadar of Zek
    Necro and Proud Member of Wudan

(Real life Test Director for the United States Air Force)
  2. Sayf New Member

I hate the necro nerfs. Frankly, my necro dps at 105 wasn't keeping up with other dps classes in group. But I understand the rationale for the swarm nerf (if not the way it was implemented). I've never done this and didn't know about it until after news of this nerf came out, but some necros were using the unending swarm to easily solo TDS and TBM names. The argument might be that necros should be able to solo group end-game red mobs, but that's a different discussion.

While I understand why they did the swarm nerf, the truth is necros have fallen behind other dps classes and I thought needed a hand up up, not a kick in the face.
  3. Samm New Member

For the last 6 months I have absolutely loved playing this game. I came back to EQ after a long brake, and rolled up a necro. In my previous career, I was a monk, so I knew how to pull and FD and I had a great time leveling up, getting tons of AA, and having a wonderful time. I spent money on daybreak cash because it was fun! Being a necro was a pleasant experience!
    I really liked the swarm pets because I could solo while waiting for a group. In the entire time I have played, I have never competed with anyone on a camp and a lot of times, I am the only one in the damn zone! I built a sweet house, joined a guild, etc etc. Good times.

I would request a reversal of the swarm pet nerf. Without it, I really do not feel I will enjoy the game anymore. Please do not end my good times.