Pet push/hide pets

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Elricvonclief, Jan 29, 2013.

1. Elricvonclief Augur

Not trying to start a riot here, rather curious how many folks would like to see a removal of pet push and/or a /hide pet command in game.

Not asking for nerfs, btw.
    Retro likes this.
  2. Siddar Augur

But how would the clerics heal the main tank on raids if pets were hidden?
    Recnarp and Pirlo like this.
  3. Falos Augur

I'd like to see the removal of the aggro meter personally, it's a bad feature, not even close to being in the same league of the extended target window, clicking from bags / hotbar, or mercs. I very much would like to see the agro meter fully removed from the game before it ruins my class and other mages further.
    Ezlano likes this.
  4. Piemastaj Augur

Lol.

Quite amazing the pet hate you have.

And considering it won the vote but "was too close" I would imagine the majority of EQ would like to see push gone again.

Another nerf thread though, just not very sneaky.
    Voragath likes this.
  5. silku Augur

Push period I would like to see gone, regardless of pets. Pets aren't the only ones pushing mobs around. I wouldn't like to hide pets, but swarm pets specifically. Regular pets need to be seen/healed.
    Sinestra and Retro like this.
  6. Mintalie Augur

Terrible idea. It's hard enough to get our pets healed during raids. And I think it was established eons ago that PC push >>> pet push... but as usual, everyone wants to blame pets for everything. :rolleyes:
  7. Daedly Augur

This would easily be in my top 5 best things to happen in EQ and definately top 3 best to happen in raiding. The amount of lag that they cause me is ridiculous. I am curious as to why pet owners think that a pet hide command would keep the pet from getting healed? I imagine any heals they get would normally be from group heals unless they were tanking. You also have your own pet heals to keep them alive. Is there mechanic that I am bot aware of that would stop them from getting healed if they were hidden?

Just to clarify, I am for allowing pet tanking on raids. So can we please keep from linking this topic to the others as this is very much different and want this to actually be considered.
  8. Cicelee Augur

What would be super fantastic is to have a /hideclass function also! I don't need to see enchanters mezzing, or wizards casting spells, or rangers shooting with their bow! I suggest not only we implement /hidepet and /hideswarm pet and /hidespells and /hideaura... but also /hidemonk and /hidepaladin and /hiderogue too!

And to increase the challenge... maybe a /hideraidnamed command also! OOOOOO you could tie this into an achievement too, cause everyone loves achievements!

On a slightly more serious note, I think many players have asked for push to be removed from the game for the past decade or so. As of now it is in, so us (as players) need to adjust and accomodate. And while 53 people think that my one water pet is responsible for pushing a 300' tall raid dragon all over the zone... I do also think that players need to "man up" and take some accountability as well for push.

And one final note... whenever someone ends a post with "Not asking for nerfs, btw"... it generally/usually means that they want nerfs. Or they have some hidden agenda that they are not explicity stating but their underlying goal is the desire for a certain nerf to whatever they are discussing. Just saying...
    Marton, Voragath and Mintalie like this.
  9. Loratex The Ridiculous Necro

I would like to see an AA where 2 pet classes can merge 2 pets into 1 for a super pet that they both have to control. we will call it STATION! downside. Station is unstable and if he doesnt have enough aggro he explodes cause AE damage and massive mob push.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  10. Noobieguy Augur

Confused how you think this is a pet nerf thread, I would love no pet push and a hide pet command.. That would eliminate 2 negatives to pets (push and lag for swarms).
  11. Loratex The Ridiculous Necro

but if they hide the pets they wont know who's tanking the mob!
  12. Noobieguy Augur

LMAO

Wow.... L M A O is **** ? Hahaha
  13. Nenton Augur

For as long as I can remember I've been having to counteract my rogue's push with a combination of paladin stuns + enchanter pet + enchanter nukes in a past EQ life to the same enchanter tricks now. It's like a meta-game keeping a mob standing still. A meta-game I would be happy to stop playing. And that's only in the group game. I can't even imagine how bad it's gotten in the raid game.
  14. Obiziana Augur

I'll agree that swarm pets can cause a crud-ton of lag. I wouldn't mind a /pet hide command AA or box in the options menu.

<in no way, shape or form is this a call for pet nerfs>
  15. Cicelee Augur

I personally do not think this is a nerf pet thread. I also, like basically every other pet owner in the game, would love to see pet push eliminated. I would also like to see push eliminated in general, with the exception of triggered push via AA stuff. My point is that if you end a thread with "I am not asking for nerfs" then it generally means you have some sort of hidden agenda where you actually want pets nerfed.

There really is no reason to write "Not asking for nerfs". State your request, move on.
  16. silku Augur

I think its silly that every time someone mentions pets in a thread it immediately turns into a brouhaha. The simple fact is it's a horrible idea to hide all pets. The primary pet often does need to be healed, and not just by group heals. We want to see your earth, air, water, and fire pets. What we don't need to see is the metric ton of swarm pets that are going at the mob during a burn. Add a few mages/necros and you get 50+ pets swarming the mob. So let's discuss that instead of arguing over a nerf that someone may or may not have been asking for (and imo they weren't asking for a nerf but are likely afraid that mentioning pets will get the exact reaction he got for it.)

Instead of a /hidepet command let's ask for a /hideswarmpet command. That would fix the majority of the lag issue.
  17. tofu stir fry Augur

its a part of eq that they deem ok. they being the devs. yes raids and gruops have won and wiped due to push, but in all honesty its a part of the game to be dealt with and is part of the win. Man up and play the game trhe way it was meant to be played.
  18. sojuu Augur

I personally like push being in game. I think it adds a challenge and basically keeps the easy button out of the game. As for the OP saying this is not asking for nerfs and who ever said they were. I really believe he was not asking for nerfs and there was no hidden agenda. The OP was probably just throwing that disclaimer out there because of the retardedness madstomper started compaining about pets and the agro meter.
    Pirlo likes this.
  19. Pirlo Augur

I know Elric, he wasn't asking for nerfs subtlety. I think he was more aiming towards lag and or push of all those pets / animations / swarms for people who don't have speedy fast lag free EQ play.

P.S. Nerf mages. :p @ Pie
  20. Langya Augur

What all these threads really want is for pets to be classified under the same status as mercs are for raiding: Suspended.