Pet Fun Group, all F2P

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Free2Play1999, Apr 28, 2023.

1. Free2Play1999 Lorekeeper

Hello, I recently played a group of Warrior, Magician, Enchanter, Wizard, Druid and Cleric. It was a lot of fun. They are all F2P so I don't have access to any Prestige gear or heavy duty AAs.
    I noticed that as the levels went on the Magician pet was more and more of the main tank over the Warrior. That's fine. I sort of expected that.
    So, I was wondering the thoughts on a 3 pet group.
    My new group would be Magician, Beastlord, Necromancer, Bard, Shaman, Druid.
    I know I'm a little bit heal heavy but I really liked playing the Druid and I consider him my Main at this point. The Magician would be the main tank.
    What are the pros and cons on a group like this?
    Thank you in advance.
  2. Koshk Augur

That's a very strong group, with up to 3 tanks, good DPS and healing, and a ton of utility. You can complete a *lot* of content with that team.

The only drawbacks are few, and minor. But I'll mention in case it matters to you:
    • To see their potential, Beastlord is an especially "busy" class. Lots of button-clicking is required to raise their DPS, get the most from their warder, and use their utilities. Certainly auto-attack + pet attack is fine. They just don't shine that way.
    • Shaman and Necromancer are similarly busy classes, although it's somewhat easier to macro their DPS/heals.
    • When everything is going well? You probably won't miss having an Enchanter. But when Things Go Wrong? There's no substitute for them. Their crowd control is unmatched in situations where it hits the fan, and you have seconds before your group wipes. Even in situations where 1 team member accidentally dies, it's great to have Clarity without returning to PoK. However, since you're playing your Druid as a Main, perhaps not quite so bad, provided you can evac.
  3. Free2Play1999 Lorekeeper

Hi, Thank you so much for the advice. I guess one of my favourite things about a pet group like this is the sending in of all the pets through a hotkey and not having to worry about being in range or facing the mob or anything like that.
  4. Crashdummy Elder

Long ago I used 3 comps and when working a camp, the characters faced so that anything coming would show movement on one of the screens. Currently you are FTP, at some point level 70 or somewhat higher you might pay for one month to gain a lot of AA, and at the end fall back to silver status, still not prestige, but, better then pure FTP
    PCSS likes this.
  5. Relyn Lorekeeper

I would probably drop the beastlord for another mage. Since bst is melee, and the rest are casters and bard, you're better off with another caster. Although it IS fun to see all the pets running in.

I did a group like that, but each one had a pet, mage, necro, bst, shm, druid, sk. Sure the last 3 pets are meh, but was fun to see! I happened to be playing the bst as main at that time.
    PCSS likes this.
  6. Tatanka Joe Schmo

Well, 2 are meh, one is just plain LOL.
  7. Free2Play1999 Lorekeeper

Thank you. I was thinking about Beastlord for the ability to pull. I figured he/she might be the best option if I wanted to leave the bard at the group full time.