Pet data

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Zarkdon, Jan 19, 2021.

1. Zarkdon Augur

Hello everyone, recently I've returned to EQ with a couple friends and we have been grinding away on bertox. I play a beastlord and one of my friends plays mage. We are now approaching the final stretch of level grinding and are trying to optimize our group play. In doing so we are trying to find which pet combinations make the best tank for playing without mercs if possible.

Thus the question: without inciting a flame war, we want to know if there is a set of data that the stats of our respective pets, preferably with what the different enhanced minions do for them.

At the moment we feel the beastlord pet makes the better tank simply because of the better beastlord heals, but we want to know if we are really negatively impacting our ability duo content and should just bite the bullet and use an earth pet with a healer merc.

Again, this isn't to start a flame war, we just want to know if the data is available somewhere since a basic Google search seems to bring up data from the early 2000s.
  2. Soulbanshee Augur

Only what we are able to parse from them, we have never gotten official stats for pets. It also depends on what you are fighting against and the AAs of the pet owner.

If bst pet isn't dieing, then mage should have water pet for dps. If bst pst is dieing, then mage should have earth or air for tanking. If you are sticking with green/light blue con mobs, you can try moving up to harder mobs until one pet cannot survive.

For a single pet spell, as long as the spell level is withing the range EM focuses (look up the spell data), a higher EM will create a pet with higher stats, but a 1 EM increase you may not necessarily notice any tanking difference (and ignore focused pet level, pet levels are arbitrarily assigned).