Personas: Tutorial quests impossible

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by NyteShayd, Apr 24, 2024.

1. NyteShayd Elder

Category: Quest [Can Repro]
    Date/Time: Wed Apr 24 15:15:00 2024

Character: Level 1 Magician (Main)
    Zone: The Mines of Gloomingdeep

Target NPC: Basher Alga
    Target Location: -27.38, -70.63, 18.82, 254.00

Description: It doesn't appear to be possible to complete the Tutorial quest "Basic Training" on a persona. When loading the tutorial for the first time, you are not provided a weapon to give to Absor for him to sharpen.

Further, in my case, Basher Alga responds "Most important part of battle is preparation! Ya gonna get killed out there if ya don't. Dat's the first thing ya need to learn. I can show you." and "Sorry [character], I don't have anything for someone with your abilities." when attempting to complete the "Hotbars" subquest instead of providing the expected tutorial popup and allowing the flags to be completed.
  2. Gialana Augur

When you create a persona, the starting items are likely to go to your /itemoverflow. I think to access them, I had use the /itemoverflow on the first created character. I couldn't access them from the newly created Persona.

As for Basher Alga, the only way I can get the don't have anything for you is this:
    1) Starting from the point of not have Hotbars as an active quest, hail Basher Alga
    2) Accept Hotbars quest
    3) Hail Basher Alga, which brings up a dialogue window and completes the first step of the quest
    4) Without clicking the OK in the dialogue window (it has a title bar of Hotbars & Hotkeys), hail Basher Alga again

If you close the dialogue window without going through all the OK clicks, he'll also give the don't have anything for you response, and you'll have to drop the quest and restart it.

Also note that Basher Alga's Hotbars quest is repeatable. If you repeat the quest on a Persona (or any character really), you won't be able to claim the reward until you delete your worn totem.
  3. NyteShayd Elder

Absor problem solved by handing him the bronze or iron. Basher Alga problem remains an issue; I've camped to desktop and rebooted, completed all other Tutorial tasks, and she still won't complete her portion of the job.
  4. NyteShayd Elder

Should have refreshed the page before updating. This worked for Alga, and I'm all set. The completionist in me is happy.
    Yinla and Gialana like this.