Personal Trophies these days

Discussion in 'Casters' started by Mookus, May 14, 2018.

1. Mookus Augur

Someone asked me what my spell damage was the other day, then asked if I had my trophies on. It got me realizing my trophy setup is pretty minimal. I only have lvl 1 of duality and seafarer enabled at the moment.

What I remember is that I felt like those trophies cost a TON of plat for a pittance of spell damage and some other inconsequential stuff, which is why I left it at lvl 1.Byt he way, those two trophies give a total of 30 spell damage. Is 30 spell damage even parse-able?

Are there any trophies out these days worth the plat for a wiz?
  2. Brohg Augur

plat? tribs ain't plat. oh god, don't fill your tribs with plat
  3. Jumbur Improved Familiar

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/wiki/EQ:Tribute_Items_10K

I think there are some vendor-bought templates in TDS in one of the locked zones that are good tribute value too?

Personally I just made a bunch primordial driftwood compound bows at start, and maintain my tribute with nodrop gear I can't/won't use. :)
  4. Mookus Augur

Well yeah... I don't fill trib with plat. Aside from random trash gear.... I got turned on to the armor templates from Dino Island from the temple vendor as a good plat/trib ratio.

But my point was that trophies seem very 'expensive' relative to their benefit compared to regular tribute. But again, I might not be up to date on trophies.
  5. Cicelee Augur

Tell the min/max crowd how irrelevant tribute is. Go ahead. I dare you :p
  6. kizant Augur

Tribute is a waste of time just like achievements and tradeskills and Vah Shir.
    Sancus likes this.
  7. Nekk Augur

The good ones are expensive but worth it.
  8. Nekk Augur

I have 4 trophies and I'm getting about 200 ac 7k HEM. I guess that was a huge waste of my time lol.
  9. Vaeeldar Augur

It's definitely different for tanks. not so sure it's worth it for casters. My trophies cost me like 2,500 tribute alone on my sk. I don't run any on my casters - not cause I can't afford it (driftwood bow is cheap) but I don't see it being worth the hassle of getting to tribute the items constantly.

That being said any tank not using max trophy/tribute is nuts.
  10. segap Augur

For raids perhaps. They're not worth the hassle of tribute for any group content for any class.
  11. Vaeeldar Augur

If your in raid gear maybe. For those tanks in group gear, the trophies round out the gear makeup for RoS where many tanks are struggling.
  12. segap Augur

Nope. My tank alts are all in group gear and do perfectly fine in all RoS content with nothing more than a healer merc. Tanks are in a really good spot right now compared to group content. Tribute/trophies are a waste for anyone doing group content.

Now, perhaps if you're under geared, under AAd and don't bother getting decent augs, trophies can counter your lack of work on your character. In that case, you're just substituting stats from one place to another.
  13. Vaeeldar Augur

Well max aa and full chase loot is far from undergeared. I don't necessarily need it but it doesn't hurt when pulling 2 or 3 mobs at a time. I guess I'm more of a min-maxer at the end of the day.
  14. Dreadmore Augur

Take off the chase gear and try it out. ROS is really not that bad for tanks, just as Segap says. My SHD was just group geared until recently with a chase range item, and I enjoyed pulling 3-4 at a time in Sathir's Tomb.