Perma flagged as spam

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by cries4hardcore, Jun 16, 2015.

1. cries4hardcore New Member

Figured I would post here to hopefully get some help and because I play on Lockjaw and am getting plain old desperate.
    I have run into a few other people who are having the same problem as me. Two times I have had a ticket responded to saying the issue has been resolved and I am no longer flagged as spam.... but I am.
    The issue has been ongoing since at least Saturday when it was initially brought to my attention and when I initially filed a petition. But I am sure I was flagged prior to that. It just sucks to pay to not really be able to play. I was thinking about opening a few more accounts but maybe that's a bad call. I dunno, I wouldn't be anywhere near as upset as I am if I didn't love this game so much. I know there are plenty of people who need help, I just really wish my issue would be resolved so I could continue binging on nostalgia.
    If anyone has any ideas I would love to hear them. Does it help if I have friends click my name and hit the "report as not spam" button? Or am I just SOL?
    I cant talk to friends, reply to anyone, or even ask for a sow!!! lol... would love to hear from a DEV or someone about this issue?
    Either way. Hope to see you all in game and hopefully I will be able to say hello (lol) if we run into eachother. If I don't reply its not cause im ignoring you...

Memry
    44 enchanter
    Lockjaw
  2. Nolrog Augur

3. Agrippa Augur

Yes, there is a problem with some players being marked for spam, but in your case I've seen Memry spamming multiple channels, ooc, and such very often. I mean spamming more often than ten to fifteen minutes between macros.
  4. Numiko Augur

you can put him on ignore and never have to see his spam if you do not like it.
  5. Agrippa Augur

Or tag the spammer as spamming and let it do its thing. In this case, it's not someone just trying to sell goods or services, but someone very frequently spamming multiple channels.
  6. Nolrog Augur

Or if he's spamming, he can get flagged as a spammer. And if he doesn't like it, he could just not spam.

Why is it that when someone is doing something wrong, everyone else has to bend to accommodate them? Shouldn't they be the ones to stop doing it in the first place?
  7. Hendar2 Augur

It depends on the context. For a vendor in the CL tunnel, 10-15 minutes isn't even close to what I would consider inappropriate. Depending on the volume of messages, 1 minute between /auction would be OK with me. The key in this case is to keep all traffic in /auction so that people can filter it if they get annoyed. Anyone auctioning outside of the channel deserves whatever tags people tack onto them.
  8. Weverley Augur

I saw plenty of traders flagged as Spam too but what do you expect if u send your wts every 30 seconds on multiple channels.