Pay To Win Server INC!

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Brazy, Mar 22, 2023.

1. Zansobar Augur

I, for one, welcome our Pay2Win Overlords.
  2. code-zero Augur

In that case you've probably actually seen a bot crew.

However, I've been in a group nonstop pulling with my bard while the rest of the group kicked back and chatted while hitting the same casting socials once I announced that <soandso> is INC and had someone start sending me tells accusing me of being a bot. Apparently my ability to precisely put a mob on top of the tank on INC for a couple of hours straight is suspicious.
    ChantingBard and Rijacki like this.
  3. TLP Addict Augur

Sounds like just about every other MMORPG where if you weren't in the group/raid that killed the mob you can't loot anything.
    Rijacki likes this.
  4. Nolrog Augur

So then 5 free trades a month.
  5. code-zero Augur

It's sort of amazing you know. If I had a few hundred Krono on my account, rolled on to the the new server and began spending them to get whatever then that's just Krono working exactly as intended. Daybreak got their cut when someone went to their site and bought them in batches initially and if those Krono get consumed on a TLP then that's great.

There's no such thing as a "kronolord" and if someone calls themselves that they're either trying to get under your skin or they're engaging in some sort of fantasy game in their own head.
  6. MyShadower All-natural Intelligence

Kronoisseur.
    Appren and Tucoh like this.
  7. Go Take A Nap Augur

At this point there are a lot of unused krono out there. Might be time to vacuum them up with gimmicks in order to make them more scarce.

Alternative ways to spend them that dont disrupt the current profit outlets in the store, or make the game p2w, is the million dollar question.

Some random ideas:

Guild/Community spends krono to shorten lockout timers. X amount of krono to unlock, costs more krono each time you do it per expansion and is reduced to a minimal amount out of era.This is pay to win sorta, but at least you have to work for it and gives you something to do when you went all xpac without getting your bloodfrenzy. Now you can buy another lockout for your guild and try again. Better than loot boxes imo.

Unlock a new personal pick or dz of a congested zone with krono. invite only by buyer. zone expires depending on how many krono you spent(obviously need caps or this would cause server issues). Pay for more time. This pays for itself , so shouldnt be any concerns with expenses on running additional hardware. This could be a useful solution to heavily contested quest/key areas.

Community driven rewards that can be unlocked with Krono for your server. GM events can be funded this way too. Can be displayed in a UI for all to see how close we are to unlocking/ reaching goal. Basically crowd funding content
  8. code-zero Augur

Krono are fine just the way they are. If you've somehow managed to accumulate more Krono than you could ever consume that's on you. DBG has no need to remove Krono from the game outside of consuming them for 30 days of play time.

Of the ideas you have come up with a couple might be something that could be bought with DBC but seriously, are you proposing to bribe GM's and Guides to run events in exchange for Krono because that's exactly what it sounds like to me
  9. Tranced Lorekeeper

Oh that's a good one.
  10. Moforyguy12345 Augur

Can't wait to buy a level 50 boost for 50 dollars and then another 20 for 50 to 60. Then I will pay 40 per BIS item and then I won't even need to log on. I'll forget to cancel sub quit and keep paying for 4 to 6 months.