Patcher Patched?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Weake Aggro, Aug 18, 2015.

1. Weake Aggro Lorekeeper

Suddenly the patcher looks different.

It is asking me my username / password and it has not done that in years.

If I select switch account all my previously logged in accounts are not there.

Can we get a dev to confirm the patcher has been changed and this is not some third party trying to get our info?
  2. Versifier Elder

The patcher was indeed patched.
    From the Landmark Forums: https://forums.daybreakgames.com/landmark/index.php?threads/launcher-maintenance-august-17th.55631/

Obviously when making game wide changes to your back end infrastructure and login systems you don't inform anyone but the Landmark players... Well done all involved!
    Weake Aggro likes this.
  3. Weake Aggro Lorekeeper

Awesome detective work there Versifier. I did not think to check their current game offerings for info on past products:)

Thanks for the quick answer!
  4. Iila Augur

I wonder if this improves how the login/pass are stored locally.
  5. Fenudir Augur

I have to say that I'm pretty annoyed that they didn't let us know that our stored accounts would have to be re-entered.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  6. Riou EQResource

I just wish it would save LoN being un-checked :p
    Garshok and Iila like this.
  7. McDougal Augur

Well they put up a message now but yeah. If I wouldn't have seen this thread first I would have wondered what was going on. Pretty major change really.
    Fenudir likes this.
  8. Feradach Augur

9. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

Except they did in the News and Announcements forum.

I agree, it would have been nice for them to have verified that all the information would need to be re-entered just for security reasons so we know that it wasn't hijacked.
    Fenudir likes this.
  10. Viper1 Augur

Obvious lesson to be learned is that we all should be playing landmark. They're going to shut down eq1 when landmark gets to release stage anyways.
  11. Versifier Elder

No they did not.
    The "Launcher Maintenance August 17th" post was made by RadarX, Monday(the 17th) at 12:57 PM on the LANDMARK forums.

The "Launcher Maintenance August 17-18" post was made by Roshen, Yesterday(Tuesday the 18th) at 7:07 PM on the EVERUQEST forums.

Weake Aggro posted this thread Yesterday(Tuesday the 18th) at 4:37 PM
    My reply was 8 minutes later at 4:45 PM

A full 2+ hours before anyone at Daybreak acknowledged any sort of maintenance was happening with EQ at all, not only that but they failed to mention you'd lose all your stored login credentials.
    It should also be noted the changes to the EQ Launchpad were pushed live well before this thread was even made.

Also of note if you check Daybreak Twitter you can see them tweeting about login issues which were most likely caused by the very maintenance they apparently had no idea had already happened... A very disorganized chain of communication company wide seems pretty evident here.