patcher ok, server cant connect

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by zyndor, Jul 18, 2015.

1. zyndor Journeyman

hi friends.. so i was playing EQ finally after 16 years being gone and everything was fine up until yesterday after i click play on the patcher i get 'cannot connect to server, please check connection' - this seems to be a rare problems and not easy to fix.

all the disable firewall etc doesnt help, as other people have had this connection problem too. the best little fix i found is disabling proxies in the IE settings but even that is not a fix for me, something has to be wrong maybe i am IP banned ? i got alot of friends to come back to EQ and now they must adventure on without me.......... please help !
  2. zyndor Journeyman

as this problem persists, i realize its impossible thats its a connection problem causing the connection error, as i can patch fine and get into the game clicking play, but then server cant connect after that although the servers are deffinitely up... more to come, i cant give up yet....
  3. zyndor Journeyman

day 3... made a bypass for the patcher (you made me do it daybreak) but i knew it wasn't a patcher problem anyway, so that didn't help... made alot of daybreakthrough today though.

my insignificance to this world may be the cause of my inability to please my ego with this game..... please let me play so i don't have to think any deeper than that haha......ha.......... ha.
    Fallfyres likes this.
  4. zyndor Journeyman

Solution ?!? i just found this Our servers will not allow you to log in multiple accounts from the same household / internet connection. Attempting to do so will be met with a Temporary IP Ban error.

but it only pertains to project1999 or daybreak servers as well ? anyway i plugged up another labtop to my whacky internet and since i can get through the patcher no problem but cant log in to server page, then i have to assume that i am ip banned !

this issue seems to 'go away' after a while as some reports were given, i think the reason for the ip ban is to discourage boxing (which i havent ever or wouldnt ever do, i dont even make alts) and for that reason i welcome this ip ban, but i know that most boxers easily get around this anyway so it is only the innocent ones like me who suffer. temporary ip ban ? i wonder how long =(

EDIT; i did not get an ip ban 'error' but not able to connect seems like the same thing
  5. Weverley Augur

did u try to do validate asset when u r on the launchpad.
    Eluwenie likes this.
  6. complexication Kassina

Not being able to connect does not mean automatically that you're under an IP ban (not to mention, IP bans don't exist since IPs are handled dynamically) - that 'multiple account' thing applies solely to project 1999 as they have no-boxing rules.

Try validating your assets in the launcher, and if that doesn't work...I guess petition. The only time I've encountered this issue was when my internet dies faster than a ranger.
    zyndor likes this.
  7. Sebbina Augur

Project is currently legally authorized by Daybreak, but it is not Daybreak, the p1999 does allow only one account per IP address, regular EQ from Daybreak does not limit that.
  8. zyndor Journeyman

thank you for responses !!! i was so sure that it was an ip ban but it makes sense that EQ from daybreak is different than p1999. ive tried absolutely everything thats ever been posted about how to fix connection issues but this one is just too rare, ill have to petition to daybreak.

i know that after i tried logging in to my single account from another computer on my internet, i haven't been able to get to server login...
  9. zyndor Journeyman

finally giving up on my end, i still believe it's some kind of automatic backdoor ip ban and have submitted a plee to daybreak, posting the follow up here so i don't lose it #150721-000175

my brethren.. i hope i can rejoin you soon.
  10. Zirquel New Member

I had this issue once, quite a few years ago. A list of things I tried included checking/validating my install, disabling antivirus, flat out uninstalling my antivirus, disabling my firewall, and connecting my computer directly to the modem (no router in between), and reinstalling windows (Note: Everquest was on a separate drive, and as such did not get reinstalled-didn't think about it at the time). Listing that in case you didn't try any of it, it's worth a shot.

What DID work for me was deleting a bunch of *.ini and *.dll files-basically everything that wouldn't cause me hours of patching back in 2003..ish (I did say many years ago!), and then patching.

In conclusion-try uninstalling, then reinstalling Everquest from scratch, if you've tried everything else?
  11. zyndor Journeyman

thank you again for responses, Zirq i wish i knew exactly which ini or dll files you needed to delete, ive tried a few combos of them as well as reinstalling of course, but nothing has worked yet. i sent in a ticket/petition on the website to daybreak and am praying for response that they can reset my ip connection to the servers.
  12. zyndor Journeyman

RESOLVED - wish i could edit the thread title im newb.. but clicking on 'save me to this computer' somehow miraculously fixed my connection problems... now to go help others.