Parsing Issue - Advise Please

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Sashnia, Jul 21, 2018.

1. Sashnia Elder

Healing doesn't seem to be attributed to healers correctly:

Just killed a named in VP with 2 merc healers, neither of which are registering as healing me on Gamparse (v1.5.2.20), checking the logs I see:

[Sat Jul 21 23:47:29 2018] Zrykdeg performs an exceptional heal! (127096)
    [Sat Jul 21 23:47:29 2018] You are bathed in a holy light. You have been healed for 127096 points.

and

[Sat Jul 21 23:47:31 2018] Zrykdeg begins to cast a spell. <Word of Greater Restoration Rk. II>
    [Sat Jul 21 23:47:32 2018] You perform an exceptional heal! (63366)

Shouldn't this be:

[Sat Jul 21 23:47:29 2018] Zrykdeg performs an exceptional heal! (127096)
    [Sat Jul 21 23:47:29 2018] You are bathed in a holy light. Zrykdeg has healed you for 127096 points.

[Sat Jul 21 23:47:31 2018] Zrykdeg begins to cast a spell. <Word of Greater Restoration Rk. II>
    [Sat Jul 21 23:47:32 2018] Zrykdeg perform an exceptional heal! (63366)

This all looks to me like heals are being attributed to the wrong person, i.e. The tank is getting credited for heals. If I have a setting wrong I am all ears, but right now I don't see how any parse could accurately report healing done on a tank.
    klanderso likes this.
  2. Bigstomp Augur

Line 1: You have been healed is pretty clear to me.
    Look at the lines before and after, there is probably something attributing the name in there and the amount.

Your second example is just wrong. Word of greater restoration has a cast time of 2.4 seconds.
    So there is no way that 2nd line of healing is from the word spell.
  3. Sashnia Elder

Fair points, Question would be then why are heals not being picked up by Gamparse?
  4. Sashnia Elder

/GU -vs- Travenro the Skygazer, Tankpaw was healed by: --- Tankpaw: 6909825

That just seems incorrect. Its not a case of Gamparse needs a point of damage on the mob before it starts recording the NPC as active in combat? In which case it would never show merc healers?
  5. Sashnia Elder

Also this section:

[Sat Jul 21 23:47:29 2018] You are bathed in a holy light. You have been healed for 127096 points.

Who gets the healing from that?
  6. Bigstomp Augur

Mercs heals may be buggy/under reported.

Looking at my parse now, I find it hard to believe the merc has healed me for only 150k while my box cleric who's just along for the ride mostly has healed me for 1.8m. (I've been doing easy stuff today, so the cleric has mostly been on autofollow while I let the merc handle the heals unless muscle memory kicks in)

You may want to look at differences between a real healer and a merc, there may be something there worth filing a bug report about.
  7. Sashnia Elder

Just been through my logs and other than that exceptional heal I am not seeing any heals attributed to the mercs.

I see lines like:

[Sat Jul 21 23:49:09 2018] Zrykdeg begins to cast a spell. <Word of Greater Restoration Rk. II>
    [Sat Jul 21 23:49:12 2018] You feel a powerful healing touch. You have been healed for 68327 points.

Very odd and concerning if any of this behaviour happens with real healers.
  8. Bigstomp Augur

Real healers "feel" accurate looking at my parses. I do notice the merc seems very low compared to what I'd expect. So maybe it's a merc related bug.
  9. Sashnia Elder

Thanks for the input Bigstomp, will report it.
  10. Denial_Sinfae Augur

Just checked 350 mobs worth of merc healer grinding. Zero heals attributed to my merc. I'm on a warrior. Neat trick!
  11. segap Augur

It's been this way for a while now. It either keeps me alive or it doesn't. Really doesn't matter how it does so. It's not like I can have a sit down with it, discuss its parse, and plead for it to get smarter.
  12. Sashnia Elder

13. Beimeith Lord of the Game

A typical player heal looks like this:

[Thu Jul 19 19:37:48 2018] Soandso performs an exceptional heal! (5023)
    [Thu Jul 19 19:37:48 2018] Soandso has healed you for 5023 points.
    [Thu Jul 19 19:37:48 2018] You experience a divine balance. You have been healed for 5023 points.

GamParse reads the line in red. It doesn't read the exceptional message or the second heal message as that would be a duplicate.

The line in red is the ACTUAL amount of hit points that you gained.
    The second line is the POTENTIAL amount of hit points you could have been healed for.

If you are at 100% HP, you will NOT see the line in red, only the second one, which is not parsed. Thus, GamParse totals up the ACTUAL healing you received, not the POTENTIAL healing you received. Spamming heals on someone who is full HP won't show on the parse at all.

I may change this in the future to show both actual and potential heals, but I'm waiting on some other things first.

(Sorry for the numerous edits, it took me a while to figure it out since I haven't looked at the heal code for a while).
  14. Bigstomp Augur

I haven't seen your code, but it sounds to me like the mercs are using different messages compared to normal healers, which obviously would throw any text parsing for a loop. (I have not investigated, I'm being lazy and letting the OP do so)
  15. Nniki Augur

Merc heals are only showing the message for the potential heal value is the problem.
  16. Beimeith Lord of the Game

Right. Knowing what the exact problem is helps them make a fix.
  17. Sashnia Elder

Interesting Info regarding how Gamparse works Beimeith, thanks.

Have updated the issue with the info from Nniki, chuck it a vote if you want it resolved.

Cheers all.
  18. niente Developer

Thanks for the report, we will look into this (no ETA at this time).
    klanderso likes this.