Parse question

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Waldagar, Jan 10, 2020.

1. Waldagar Augur

I am testing on a 115 BST to find highest DPS combo of weapons/augs I have to use MH and OH. I use a non dmg item (shield) to parse each hand individually.

So lets say I max out the MH at 200K DPS and the OH at 150K DPS. Theoretically, I should be close to 350K DPS when I parse the MH and OH together. In reality I would not be able to surpass 310K DPS. At first I thought all the procs combined was causing the issue, but replacing the proc augs with dmg augs also came up short by about the same 40K DPS.

Thoughts?
    -Z-
  2. Derka Power Ranger

My guess is dual wield %. What did you use in MH while testing OH?
  3. Waldagar Augur

Archaeologists Automated Antiquity Analyzer

Tried it with two 24 delay weapons and the results looked like this:

218K DPS MH and 119K DPS OH = theoretical 337k DPS when combined.

What I actually parse with the two weapons together was 273K DPS which is 64K lower.

Thoughts?

-Z-
  4. Derka Power Ranger

Not sure how it might affect it but since the Analyzer isn't actually having a successful primary swing, it might be skewing the numbers. Just a theory. What are the weapon types?
  5. Waldagar Augur

All of the weapons tested so far 1HB. I am testing piercing now.
  6. Syylke_EMarr Augur

Easier way to parse the difference would be 2 identical ratio weapons of different types (H2H, Blunt, Pierce). Then you can see the individual DPS from each weapon type
  7. Derka Power Ranger

You might want to stay away from 1hp because of gelid rending? And what Syylke said if you use ganparse to check the DPS it breaks it down by weapon type. Also running stuff like the Vindication ability will inflate your primary as well
  8. Waldagar Augur

Piercing weapons 179K DPS MH and 120K DPS OH for a theoretical 299K combined.

Parsed combined: 252K DPS
  9. Waldagar Augur

It looks like I am doubling up DPS and I need to look at strictly the weapon damage. Thanks for the input.

-Z-