Not A Bug Parcel plat bug

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by CatsPaws, Sep 20, 2022.

1. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Character #1 had 200,000 plat parceled to them. How ever it showed up in the column "item name" as 20 plat. It did show correctly in "QTY" column as 200,000 plat. Collected the parcel and only got 20 plat

Petitioned with screen shots clearly showing all screens and time stamps of when I took the screen shots. I took the timed screen shots because I suspected something was hinky and that I would be needing to petition.

Reply was try to collect it and see what happens. I told them I had collected it and that is what the screen shot of my inventory showed that there was only an increase of 20 plat on my character, not 200,000.

Final response was "we show it on our end that it was collected"

Um, yeah then where is it? Not on character, not in bank.

Figured I would blow it off since it might have just been a fluke. But was checking another alt and saw I had parceled him 100,000,000 from his trader and it was showing only 100,000 under the "item" column. But showed correctly under Quantity.

I dumped all plat currently on the character into his bank so he had 0 plat. Collected the parcel and again it did not give him the entire amount, he only got 100,000.

This is a bug but not one they are willing to address. So this post is just a head's up that it might not be a great idea to use parcel to send plat.
    Angahran likes this.
  2. Aanuvane Augur

So - fearing the worst here because I am constantly parceling plat to my main from my bazaar mules - I just tested this on Povar. I sent 100pp from my trader to Aanuvane. In the item name it clearly says 100pp, in the quantity field it says 100000. I received 100pp when I retrieved it.

I have never noticed the disconnect between the Money (100p) and the qty field being off for coin. But I appear to have gotten the right amount.
  3. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

That does not account for the fact that I parceled 200,000 on one and got 20 and 100,000,000 which gave me 100,000. I would never parcel 20 plat...that's pretty much useless in the game.

It looks to be an bug since they added the commas in plat in that patch around July.

So if the amount has a comma in it then it will not work right is what it looks like.

Edit - but the big problem is that those characters did not receive the plat. And they say they show it was delivered.
  4. Angahran Augur

Just a thought, does the quantity say PLATINUM ? maybe it's showing the quantity in copper ?
    CatsPaws likes this.
  5. Angahran Augur

How did you parcel 100,000,000 ? Isn't there a hard cap of 2,000,000 ?
    Aanuvane likes this.
  6. Meeko Developer(Code)

Yes, this. Money in EQ is stored in the amount of copper and then converted where necessary to silver/gold/platinum amounts. Parcels of coin show the amount of copper in the Quantity column along with the copper coin icon. The Item Name column converts that up as far as it can so it will show "Money (Xp, Xg, Xs, Xc)".

The last change I could find that had to do with commas was to add them to the Barter/Buyer windows in the March update. Those changes didn't affect the Merchant/Parcel window.

No, you cannot parcel 100m plat.
  7. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Sorry I was so upset over losing all the plat on two characters that I seem to have added a 0

and the fact that the petition guys said they could see the 200,000 plat was delivered and said that was the end of it