Paludal Caverns question

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by asgaard, Jan 14, 2013.

1. asgaard Augur

I recently leveled a dwarf cleric and a human necro in PC. It was fun. I had no problems and there were plenty of places to med.

I got my cleric up to 28 there and in Netherbian Lair and decided to level an 18 shaman in PC. I took him there with my cleric but now there's no place to med.

Every time I stop to med I get adds. Same places I stopped with my cleric/necro. They keep coming until my shaman and cleric are out of mana. I've taken them there 3 times and died because of it.

It isn't because other people are in the zone killing mobs. Every time I've been there there were only 2 or 3 others and they were working the camps.

Am I doing something wrong? By the way, my shaman is a barbarian. Do they hate barbicans so much that they'll come after me from all over the zone? lol
  2. Bendi Lorekeeper

The only thing i can think of is a mob ran at low health and is agroing mobs as it goes...
  3. Fenthen aka Rath

You should be doing bandit camps, not shrooms and razorfiends and stuff ;)
  4. Diptera Augur

Bandit camp from the Shadowhaven side, follow the tunnel in a straight line until you stand at the edge of the lake - that spot should be a safe place to med; only downside is that there aren't many singles to be had from those mobs - generally expect to get three at a time from the huts.

The ZEM for that zone was always good, though :)
  5. Pizacatto - CT Augur

If you went to Blightfire Moors, you'd probably get better XP and have plenty of time to med. Get the quests, they help out immensely on the XP gain.
  6. asgaard Augur

Thanks for the replies/ I'll try the bandit camps. Pizacatto, I should have mentioned I'm on Fippy. Otherwise I definitely would have gone to Blightfire Moors.
  7. roth Augur

In my experience, bandit camps were where you went to find a group, but the beetles and shiknar were where you went if you could handle solo work. Good luck finding a group now.

Oh, TC, if you go back to Paludal, stay away from the razorfiends. They're not worth the hassle their DoT provides.
  8. Borek-VS Augur

Paludal has some good camps that people used to ignore for the bandits. IIRC:
    • 2-10 Shadeweavers entrance moving in as you level;
    • 10-22 Hollowshade entrance, moving in...
    • 15-24 Shadowhaven bandits, overlapping with fungal fiends behind
    Exp as much slower past 24, you could make it to 25 without much trouble. After that, Dawnshroud wasn't bad if you were careful, and could take you to 40. I didn't much like Netherbian, too small; the greyhoppers in Marus Seru were nice for late 20s, though. All this was pre-TSS, of course.
  9. Borek-VS Augur

You needed a way to cure disease, that's true.
  10. silku Augur

Back before OOC regen became an issue the disease wasn't as detrimental. We always just fought through it.