Paladin SU Question

Discussion in 'Tanks' started by Truewind, Feb 10, 2018.

1. Truewind New Member

Hello knights , had a question about Slay undead Proc DMG. Is it affected by + to crit AA, such as Valorous Rage? I use VR as part of my DPS burn maco. Was wondering if any of the aa directly effect the amount of the SU crit? Also chould someone please direct me to a Good pally wright up for 110? Starting back to tanking and i want to be sure my Disc rotation etc is on point, Thank you for your time, and i hope you have a good day. True
  2. shiftie Augur

Be will not increase slay dmg but it will increase frequency because of the hhe effect. Get blessing of the faithful I promise you will love it
  3. Ofearl Slayer of all things Stupid

Pally tank write up:

Equip sword and shield, agro mobberz.... hit defense buttons... rinse repeat. In reality, it takes time to learn what works for every situation. I preferred to start with disc’s/aa’s with a quick refresh first, so that if I go thru the full rotation then the first one will be back sooner. Meaning if you start with shield flash then run devout, in 4 ish mins flash is up again then in 3 mins devout is up again. But if you srat with deflection, you get to wait like a billion years for it to refresh.

Same for dpsing, i try not to stack them all at the start simply because i want to drag the burn out longer. If it’s a quickie fight then stack all the burn if its a lengthy one then drag em out. Even on undead fights and ADPS, we can do good work but wont top the charts.
  4. Truewind New Member

Thank you takeing the time to respond. Just wanted to make sure nothing has changed since Ros came out, no key disc or spell rotation i should be aware of. AS far as leading off with devount, i was taught while raid tanking in TBM that Deflection is always gona be your lead off. What you hit first while taunting up etc. "Truewin Taunting up, On deflection ". And Shield flash to be used constantly while tanking, as soon as it pops each time. Then other disc in order of lvl and mid provided .This is the rotation was taught when i began raiding, and what worked for me prior to ROS. Just want to make sure i am telling my people right, as we are going to start friends and family raiding a few times a week again. Thank you again for takeing the time to respond, not many end game paladins on my server to go over things with, and all my old hardcore raid friends have left lol thank you. Truewind 97 Paladin, Truewin 110 paladin
  5. Truewind New Member

Will try leading off with devout, thank you very much again for your time sir.
  6. Warpeace Augur

Personally that is a huge waste of important defensives. Depends on the Mob and your heal team if you need to lead with Deflection (20 Min reuse) or even flash a (5 min reuse).

Communicate before taunting the mob so the other tank can prep to take it back, You should never need to use deflection / flash just to get further up the agro list.

Flash is great for initial engage so the heal team can get it together, or that dead space between one disc fading and the time you can click the next one. Also for damage spikes to save yourself. I would not recommend wasting it just because it is up and usable, save it for a strategic or oh crap moment.

Deflection is to long a refresh to also just blow because your charging a mob. Use flash, same result and much shorter refresh. Save deflection for the time you have the boss and everything else might be down and getting a warrior up and into the fight or you grabbed a lot of mobs.
  7. Ofearl Slayer of all things Stupid

Times to use deflection:

EoK Queen event on the 20’s when add’s. I typically stand ready, hit deflection, then beacon and then let the other tanks peel em off me. Another time to use is when you know if you grab that snap agro and tanking 3-9 mobs will help get a couple rez’s off or another tank up. Typically I am pairing deflection with ae agro.

Every raid is different, but essentially mechanics are the same. If that makes sense... some raids from TBM to current will all have something each class is better at than the next, learn what those are and use them to help you win.

You know, like if an event is full of undead w/o alot of adds, Pallies might wanna work those two-handers!
  8. Truewind New Member

Thank you guys very much for your time and advice, hope you have a Great day