Fixed Paladin nukes missing 20% boost

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by Maedhros, Dec 12, 2021.

1. Warpeace Augur

Fore someone that does not care you spend an awful lot of time whining in Paladin threads.
    Lubianx and Allayna like this.
  2. Warpeace Augur

Apparently its how SK numbers work.
    Tropi and Fenthen like this.
  3. Maedhros High King

Do you think it is unreasonable to expect that if Sks receive for example an average of 30% upgrade to all their nuke spells that paladins should also expect to receive the same percentage upgrade?
    The only person stating anything about the class balance here is you.
    Since you are incapable of doing your own math I will do it tonight after raids.
    Lubianx likes this.
  4. Kazint Augur

Wizard and Mages both got the same percentage increase to nukes and it was a pretty big mistake. The increases should be based on what's appropriate for each class and not simply because someone else got the update.
    menown likes this.
  5. Lubianx Augur

I know where this is getting at and yes can be a valid point.

However, using your analogy, SKs are currently the mages and pallies are the wizards. What would the reaction be if Mages got a bigger % increase than wizards?
  6. Maedhros High King

Paladin dps is worse than SKs on everything but undead. This is indisputable.
    We didnt get equal boosts to our DD's so this has only further widened the gap.
    Fenthen likes this.
  7. Kazint Augur

Nukes are what Wizards are supposed to do best so it's not a great comparison. It would be more like a mage pet procing some cool root that's better than what Wizards have. Something that's like 4th of importance for our class.

It seems like SKs have just been more DPS focused? Granted, Aristo doesn't communicate well so maybe he'll change it in two months out of nowhere but he's probably aware.
  8. Plumbus Lorekeeper

You are comparing apples and oranges.
  9. Maedhros High King

The point of this thread is to mention that paladin direct damage spells were not given as much of a boost as other casters, especially the other knight class to whom we should expect to see similar percentage upgrades on our direct damage.
    Apples to oranges might be paladins versus wizards, but paladins and sks are at worst different types of apples.
    I like to think paladins would be Red Delicous apples, while SKs are sour apples.
    Fenthen likes this.
  10. Maedhros High King

Heres the breakdown as promised.

111. Vulak's Bite Rk. III = 2838 116. Cruor's Bite Rk. III = 4694 40% increase

113. Insidious Rejection Rk. III = 6680 118. Insidious Renunciation Rk. III = 10091 34% increase

114. Spear of Cadcane Rk. III = 16441 119. Spear of Bloodwretch Rk. III = 24833 34% increase

115. Touch of Zlandicar Rk. III = 5711 120. Touch of Namdrows Rk. III = 8626 34% increase
    (Note, apparently SK standard lifetaps were not granted this bonus boost to DD's like I expected they were, and I did not include whatever increases happened on procs, just straight DD spells)

For these 4 spell lines Sks average 36% increase to their DD's from 115 to 120.

On the 6 spells I broke down for paladins we average 26% increase to our DD's from 115 to 120.
    If we saw a substantial boost to Doctrine it would certainly narrow the gap a bit.
    It really stings that the biggest nuke Sks have got a 34% increase and paladins biggest nuke only got 18%.
    Hymnal on the Consecration line should probably be in the 34 or 40% increase to really put some equality into the boosts the apples to apples recieved.

Was there any DD lines I have missed that received the extra boost that should be added to the conversation?
  11. Plumbus Lorekeeper

You are trying to compare the knight class that draws from necros (dps) , to the knight class that draws from clerics (healers). If you wanna try to get your nukes boosted go for it. But this is a weird way to go about it.
  12. Warpeace Augur

Your right, its weird all the stuff we share with SK that are almost identical.

These parent class arguments are outdated when SK's can out agro and tank their dad the Warrior class.
  13. Morigaine Elder

It's also a bit flawed to expect exact equality while not considering the utility aspects of the Paladin like the ability to heal and cure others. Paladin's bring a lot to the raids that isn't being discussed here. This argument has been had a million times throughout the last 20+ years. Paladins should have some benefits over SK's and vice versa. Historically damage was one of the aspects that favored the SK. Also part of this argument is likely arising because the last two expansions were almost exclusively undead and now paladin's aren't feeling their slay DPS.
  14. Lubianx Augur

CoV was not exclusive undead. 1 zone was mostly undead and a couple of the others had some undead. Most were normal mobs or dragon types.

Yes pallies should have some benefits over SKs and vise versa. The biggest issue is that most of the benefits are currently skewed more towards SKs, especially when it comes to both classes primary role, tanking.

Anyway, nobody here is asking for pally nukes to be better than SKs. All we asked was for the same increase. SKs will still have the bigger nukes
    Allayna likes this.
  15. Angahran Augur

Now, could you also list the increases you received in your heals, any increase in buffs, to splash ?
    These are all things SKs do not have, so if, as you seem to think, the knight classes should be carbon copies of each other when will SKs be receiving all these spells ?

And no, I'm not serious, simply pointing out that the knight classes are DIFFERENT, Paladins are based on Clerics and SKs are based on Necromancers.
  16. Qimble Augur

The only mistake was that wizzies needed a bigger boost to get to the right DPS level. (assuming that you want them to both be able to parse decently in raids) It's kinda an imperfect comparison since nukes are the key part of both classes primary role in raids. For pallies and SKs our DPS is not our primary role in raids. I haven't looked into it, but if your taps were granted larger boosts that *is* an increase to your survivability which does seem outta whack if pallies didn't get a similar boost to their self heals.

It's almost like trying to balance "tank that heals itself directly" vs "tank that heals itself by hurting the mobs" is difficult, and fairly likely to lead to imbalances that leave one side or the other feeling like they're getting the short end of the stick.
  17. Maedhros High King

No, full stop.
    None of that crap is being discussed here.
    The topic of this post is direct damage boosts, and the disparity that already exists in the direct damage capabilities between the knights is only growing with this disporportionate increase to DD's this year.

Bro get the heck out of here.
    You find one of the paladin heals that received a 40% boost, you let me know.

You all need to get out of this thread if you dont have anything to contribute regarding the direct damage spell topic.
    Plenty of other posts comparing paladins and Sks elsewhere.
  18. Angahran Augur

You do realize it was you that started the Paladin vs SK comparison in this thread, just saying :p
  19. Qimble Augur

Spells I use for their healing component at least sometimes during raids:
    Protective: 9261 -> 11231 = 21%
    Burst: 18983 -> 23021 = 21%
    Remonstrate: 9984 -> 12108 = 21%
    Propitiation: 10196 -> 12366 = 21%
    Preservation instant: 3906 -> 4738 = 21%
    Preservation hot: 2994 -> 3631 = 21%

Spells I don't use for their heals or I don't often / at all:
    Touch: 14777 -> 17921 = 21%
    Light 9286 -> 11262 = 21%
    Cleansing 7960 -> 9564 = 20%
    Splash 3967 -> 4811 = 21%
    Steel proc 3794 -> 4601 = 21%
    Wave 14851 -> 18011 = 21%
    Aurora fuckifIknow -> fuckifIknow+21%

I probably missed something, and not all our lines got upgrades this xpac. I also didn't do the various passive / active AA heals. But I dunno about you but I am noticing a bit of a trend!
    Maedhros likes this.
  20. Kazint Augur

Not exactly. Mages are a conjuration/summoning class. The key thing for them is summoning pets and creating things like mod rods.