Paladin Consumables?

Discussion in 'Tanks' started by Darakar, Sep 8, 2023.

1. Darakar Lorekeeper

On my slow trek on the way of hopefully eventually knowing what I am doing, I have been wondering what raiding Pallies use as far as consumables go. Potion / Poison wise?

Anybody have any pointers what I should stock up on? :)
  2. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

/Disappointed.
    I was looking forward to some recipes that use Paladins, so hard to make anything useful out of them when they die.
    Nennius, Toukan and Tatanka like this.
  3. Allayna Augur

Paladin soul fractures and dies a little more with each AoV cast.
  4. Thren Lorekeeper

I always use the Scorpions Agony poisons, they can proc agro as well as just added dps, as far as potions,, I dont really use a lot of them, self heals and buffs do pretty good for me. I keep some crusaders potions on me for a bit of instant mana after a death, but thats mainly for raiding, and I use Burning Salads, an overhaste that stacks with worn and spell. Thats about it,, if healing is an issue for you, try carrying those types and see if it helps you out any

PS I dont know of you were asking about stat food and drink also, but I always make sure I have the top level on me,, or at least the materials to make more if I have to. Always have some stat food and drink,, its not much by itself, but EQ is a game of a lot of small things add up to bigger things.
    Nennius likes this.
  5. Brickhaus Augur

One thing to think about as far as poisons or potions that give buffs ...

... with full raid buffs, especially the short term buffs, I often found myself near or at the buff limit if I wasn't careful pruning/blocking certain things. It does depend upon the makeup of your raid groups, but I'd much rather forgo a poison that's going to do very little for the raid to make sure I had enough slots for more important effects.
    Syylke_EMarr likes this.
  6. Nennius Curmudgeon

But since our souls are so huge to begin with it just puts us on par with you other folks.
  7. Nennius Curmudgeon

I have been forgetting to use potions. I used to swear by them.
  8. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

[IMG]
    Nennius likes this.
  9. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

10. Syylke_EMarr Augur

Full buffs is annoying. I don't think most non-hybrids/non-tanks really experience the issue to the same degree that we do. I'm constantly having to click off things that I'd like to keep for the marginal benefits (damage shields, BL regen, attack buffs, etc) just so I can avoid blocking important things or having debuffs strip something important.
  11. KarmaKitty Augur

True, but Boomba will not give out the recipe :mad:
  12. KarmaKitty Augur

My pally is always in a pickle as it is :p