Paladin AA Yaulp buff change please

Discussion in 'Tanks' started by Nightops, Sep 24, 2015.

1. Nightops Augur

Could we get an increase to the buff timer for the AA Yaulp? Current timer is around 90 seconds (+ / - cause I don't have the game up to verify).

After this latest update which gave us the great benefit by changing clickie buffs to persist through death and clearing out several more icons by making others permanent. Devs could have addressed the AA Yaulp by increasing the timer by default or by adding in an AA to extend the timer.

I would love to see Yaulp added in as a perma buff that persists through death like the Gunthark eyepatch, however, I sure no one would complain if you could increase the timer to something more reasonable like 10 minutes per click.

There is no reason that I can think of for paladins not to have this on at all times, but the constant clicking sucks.
  2. Warpeace Augur

With Current spell gem limitations it would be better if they combined it with our Preservation spell line and it would make sense to keep it a 90 sec mash key then. As it is we are without the Preservation line for two reasons, 1 they didn't upgrade it to 105 and two there is no room on the spell bar for it in current content.
  3. Nightops Augur

I couldn't disagree with you more. Personally, I would prefer the AA Yaulp to be a constant for paladins, but figured I would get a lot of brush back so thats the reason why I asked for a timer extension instead.

First off, Yaulp is an AA click these days and has no effect on spell gem limitations.

Just because they didn't upgrade the Preservation line doesn't mean we are 'without' it and several people make room for preservation in current content. There are benefits from this buff that make it worth a spell gem slot.

Adding it to the preservation spell would be an upgrade for preservation, and in theory, would increase the timer. However the timer for preservation is also linked to proc count at 1+ so the timer is not a definite and sacrificing the current timer on preservation and adjusting it to 90 seconds would do more harm then good to those who use the spell.

The issue, or request, is with the timer. After this current patch, Daybreak has shown they are trying to clean up the game a bit with condensing AA lines and the constant re-clicking of self-buffs. In addition, our AA Yaulp is one of only a handful of beneficial AA clicks in the game that do not present a negative factor when applied and has no significant cool-down / reuse delay. So there is no reason why not to have it up as a constant instead of a reoccuring mash key. Creating a multibind containing Yaulp can be done, but again, its still a line on a mash key instead of just being a constant.
  4. Ravengloome Augur

Id rather them make Yaulp better.

But if thats not on the table, sure an extension would be cool.
    Elricvonclief and Silentchaos like this.
  5. Linden Augur

Don't get used to any of the new features they added. Especially for hate. I don't think that was intended for paladins, second, they cant add that much hate to our class without making us overpowered. We already are overpowered as it is. With 11/15 on Bolden Attacks AA, I do not need to use any agro spells, or abilities to hold agro over wizzy burning. Simple auto attack is enough. Yeah, that is going to get nerfed. As far as Yaulp goes. I use AA yaulp. How do you justify using a spell gem for the spell version over the AA?
  6. Caeelar Journeyman

Yeah, don't tie Yaulp to a spell.. Yaulp drops every time you sit down so you don't double up on mana regen. It has to be by itself or it would have to drop the mana regen, which is what I primarily use it for. I think they AA version works great as it is, although if it lasted longer... that's always better =p. I have no complaints with how it works today though.
  7. Warpeace Augur

Honestly if they combined the two into an AA version I would care less if it was 90 seconds or 4:30 as it makes life better and a step in the right direction. Ok I would care and prefer 4:30 but still. Permanent would be super....
  8. Ravengloome Augur

An AA version of Preservation is the only legitimate way for that spell line to continue.
    Elricvonclief and Silentchaos like this.
  9. Gumby Augur

Be nice if it was made more of a permanent buff. Already have to spam so much as it is.
  10. Silentchaos Augur

Just put yaulp in your multibind whats the problem you can cast it every 12 seconds.
  11. Ravengloome Augur

That would just be too damn smart.

Edit: and that would reduce your dps, but if they are still at the play skill of having to think to manage a short term buff, i am guessing that isn't a concern yet ;)
  12. Silentchaos Augur

Why does that reduce your dps if you put it after dp?
  13. Brohg Augur

not swinging while it casts, I imagine
  14. Agrippa Augur

I know that I'm hopeless, but unlike Ravengloome and the real masters, when I'm mashing 55+ buttons per minute I just don't have the patience to perfectly weave every spell and ability between melee swings. Mass props to any that do this, but I'm getting too old for this lol. I guess that's why I wasn't doing 90k+ burns over 90 seconds during VoA, though.