Overseer Strategies?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Windance, Apr 3, 2020.

1. Windance Augur

Has anyone seen any discussions about strategies.

I am doing my first set of quests now.

In general it would seem that you want to take any 'recruitment' type quests so you get more agents. Then convert the agents from common -> uncommon -> rare.

Other than that take shorter quests so you can cycle more of them ?

Anyone started collecting data on the quests, etc?
  2. Jumbur Improved Familiar

I noticed some higher quests, have rather specific requirements for the "optional participators" for a quest. For example they could ask for a "rare artisan (2)", an "elite artisan (5)" will not satisfy this requirement. "Over-competence" is not rewarded in this case.

keep that in mind when considering conversions.
  3. ptah Augur

I have do roughly 125 to 130 overseer tasks x3 on my 3 box.
    This is how i attack it.

Strength in numbers, i set a goal to always get 85% plus chances for a win. sometimes its not possible but that is goal.

Yes i favor 6H shorties, with recycling them as often as possible.

After numbers are solid on agents i merge them, but i want options to keep % choice open. ATM i use xp with agent xp 99% of time. I do use 50% collection reward chance when goes, as working shoulders on 9 alts. Do Not ask.

I really enjoy the artwork and mini storyline on each agent, its a fine balance of agents numbers vs merge up to become stronger. I always want 12 to 15 agents. 10 would a min but i like 12 to 15.

This not min max vender coin as offer little to nothing of interest. The passive alt box xp is nice reward, its amazing slow but im log flopping with no effort.

Have fun, be safe and wash your hands.
  4. Darchon_Xegony Augur

I think the biggest goal should always be to get as many agents as possible.

Always do recruitment tasks if you can. If you are able to run multiple 6h missions a day, for example before work and then after work, run those mission and try to optimize to have 90%+ success rates on these.

It *feels like* having 90%+ success rate leads to a very high chance of a critical success. Each critical success results in 1 free common agent as a reward. For uncommon mission it seems like criticals grant 2 free common agents. I would guess rares and elites grant 3 and 4 maybe?

If you are only able to get on once a day or every other day, run any kind of mission, 6h, 12h, 24h just so long as you are running 5 of them. Just try to match up the bonuses for each mission with your agent so that you are running 90%+ success rates on everything you are running.

Iconic agents cannot be used simultaneously, think of them as Lore agents. If you have two Iconic agents and one is being used currently (or if it is disabled) you cannot use the other one. In light of this, try to convert any duplicates, especially Iconics, up for higher tier agents.

Agents can also be retired for 2 lower tier agents or for specific exp.
    Maedhros likes this.
  5. blackninja New Member

Above posts summed it up really well.
    I have a rule of only converting doubles in uncommon+ due to some uncommons still being used in level 5 quests.
  6. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

My top 10 tips

1. Always have 5 quests running.
    2. Zone and check no quests have vanished, there is a bug that loses them some how and you don't want to find you have lost some of your quests especially recruit quests
    3. Recruitment tasks should always be a prority.
    4. Convert duplicate agents.
    5. Get each % as high as you possibly can, aim for above 80%. I do do recruits lower if I have no other choice, they are worth the risk.
    6. Consider finishing a quest early if it means you can do a recruit quest, it is usually only a few Station Cash.
    7. Think about when you will next be able to do your Overseer. Where possible do 6 hours, but if they are due to finish in the middle of the night, or while you are unable to play for another reasons do 12/24.
    8. Make Overseer work for you, try and keep the time it isn't doing anything to a minimum.
    9. Later on when you start maxing out your exp for various trates, think about which tasks you are going for.
    10. Watch for quests asking for a certain level of agent, sometimes highest level for a job you have is not the best for the job.
    Maedhros likes this.
  7. Jumbur Improved Familiar

This is so annoying, especially if you have a recruitment running quest running that disappears, since disappearing quests that are eaten by zoning, can't be re-selected... :(
  8. Barraind Grumpy Old Bastage

Keep 1 of everything, dont be in a huge hurry to trade up whites for greens, trade duplicates, though you can keep an extra gnome, clockwork and bard common, because theres a few quests that want those keywords as secondary conditions, and those work until you get the rare gnome and clockwork , .

Always do recruitment quests. Recruit generic commons are always better than recruit greens, as commons give you 5 (which is 1 green and 2) and recruit green gives you 1. Recruits for Rare and elites are specific in terms of what you need agent wise, and those are likely the first places youll see those.

24 hour quests are worse than 2 12 hour quests, but research needs 24h, so you'll either have to retire agents to up it, or bite the bullet.

12 hour quests are the best in terms of reward, though you'll likely eventually have to use 6 hour quests to line up timers. A strict 12 hour lockout, and not something like 11h 55m means youll always be pushing your cycle off a few minutes every time you accept them.

Retire elites for 2 rares to get other elites when you get to that point, unless you have a comfortable stock of rare and elite. The cap on progress xp is rank 5, you'll need to have a wide assortment of blues and purples built up before you tick too many things over to 5, and you'll 5 recruitment waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay before you get the others anywhere close. I have a couple accounts with max recruit and 1 everything else (but I think some of that was from conversion giving xp for a while)
    Yinla likes this.