Overseer quest failed to start ?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Zamiam, Jul 2, 2020.

1. Zamiam Augur

ya I'm just getting this error message when I try to start a quest in overseer its the " rune of ruins" has failed to start . please verify your selected agents and wait a moment to start again ? Ive tried other quests and no go i get same message ..

my quests completed for the time period is only 5/10 . and this is the first quest ive tried to get .. I have tried other quests after i got the above message so its not something to do with just one particular quest.. or agent .. ive tried different agents ..

this is the first time ive come across this error message , any help would be appreciated thx..
  2. Cragzop Cranky Wizard

It's in bug reports.

Your Overseer display is showing agents in the select window that you do not have. If you try to do a quest from a stack that has *any* added "fake" agents, the quest will not start (i.e. you have 1 Serra for real … the game shows you with 2 … if you try to use a Serra agent for a quest, it will not work).

The long list of agents should be correct so you can use that as a check to see if you might have a bugged agent stack.

Logging out of the game and back in generally fixes this issue. Or just using agents that don't have fake added numbers.
    Zamiam likes this.
  3. Zamiam Augur

aye , thank you I logged out and ran the patcher and logged in and like you said one of my agents was showing i had 4 but when logged in from patcher i only had 2 so then when I tried to do quest everything worked out fine .. thank you for the info .. I had never seen that bug before :p