Overseer improvement

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by uberkingkong, Apr 30, 2022.

1. Heimdall Elder

We would if there was something to spend the Tetradustgatherers on. Crystallized Luck, Unattuners, and.... what?
    Rijacki likes this.
  2. Wyre Wintermute I'm just a butterly dreaming I'm a man

8k Tetra's don't make or break anything.. but there are limited seasonal events.. and as a general reward for season achievements, it would be nice to have something of "flavor" for each, rather than one day (or less) of Overseer missions.

I... I don't think there is much they could add that would deplete my current "hoard."

Buy all the luck needed per xpac... maybe an unattuner? I don't know, I haven't had any attunable item in a long time, so that's a 1-off. Some people buy rez tokens.. but 2/3 of the classes I play have rez capability and OMM rez sticks and mercs...

I bought the ornaments I wanted. Even if they add more, it'd be a couple of purchases and done.

In general, they need to come up with GOOD consumable for the vendor. Maybe 1-charge port potions to locations not available elsewhere. Have single and group port options. That may be a start (unless they put some silly 30s cast time or other ridiculous caveat on it).

They could maybe put purity augs that are P30/P35? Wouldn't be much, but 6-8 per expansion for gear upgrades (make them destroy only).

I really don't have a catch-all here. No single person has the golden ticket answer, as it differs depending on the player, their class, how they play, what server they're on, etc.. I'd be a good place for massive community input and adding more than just a single recommendation to the vendor.

I know a lot of players who could give 2 figs about Hero's Forge stuff.. because they don't feel that dropping $10-12 DBC per character just to unlock is worth it, even if they'd drop twice that on marketplace items. Seen them spend Tetra's on the gnomework gear to give (or sell) to others.

I don't have a real solution to the lackluster Overseer Tetra rewards.. but the season event achievements really should give something more "substantial" (I use that word lightly) and definitely more in-theme with the associated event.
    Rijacki and Metanis like this.
  3. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

There seasonal rewards are very bad i mean 8k currency? all my accounts have like 200k+
    Wyre Wintermute likes this.
  4. Wyre Wintermute I'm just a butterly dreaming I'm a man

acct 1: 985,066
    acct 2: 1,102,042
    acct 3 (22APR22) : 519,145

It is silly and a horrible "reward."
    Andarriel, Velisaris_MS and Rijacki like this.
  5. Rijacki Just a rare RPer on FV and Oakwynd

To assuage the desires of those who hate HF, ornaments, and placeables, and would scoff at having any such as rewards, they could even put the event related items on the Tetra merchant for the exact amount of the Tetra rewards from the event quests and the event achievement. Then those who want event stuff could get it (even with Tetra from other Overseer quests) and those who don't could get the things they think are important from the Tetra merchant. The only ones left out on that are accounts with all sub-85 characters. Since most of the even quests and content already requires higher levels, that's no change from that either. Not that any of the quests give much in the way of event-related stuff, though.
  6. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

The ornamentations on the vendor are nice but be nicer if they added some to it. Maybe even put mercs cant normally get but make it super expensive. They have common agents for sell be nice if they had uncommon.
  7. Mossaa Augur

I think it would be so wrong that you could buy event achievements from a random vendor, in this case overseer. I takes no skill to do the overseer missions and it should not be rewarded by achievements. It would be a bad start on getting even more to just sit in guild lobby or pok and never venture out in the zones at all.
  8. Wyre Wintermute I'm just a butterly dreaming I'm a man

I believe Rijack is saying:

You get the Tetra currency reward for a seasonal event.
    They add an item to the Overseer Vendor that costs the same amount as the reward from completing the achievement + missions needed.
    People can either spend the currency on that item or on something they feel is of more value.

I don't believe there is any part of that alluding to normal game play achievements/rewards. Maybe some for holiday event rewards, but I think those deserve to be untouched.
    Rijacki likes this.
  9. Loup Garou De loop de loop

It was mentioned somewhere else that the collects you get thru overseer are attuned to your character. This makes it like a circle cause then you can use the Tetra to buy unatuners and pass the collects around or sell them in baz.

But it would be cool if the seasonal Overseer collects or quests rewarded you with the seasonal item. Like the loyalty vendor changes his bags every month to something representing that month.

But I really thing the Tetra will just continue to accumulate like the DON currency and some others that you cannot trade or use for house/plot rent

At least they are not as hard to get as Anniversary coins nor as costly as adoption coins (these are a losing proposition)
  10. Rijacki Just a rare RPer on FV and Oakwynd

Bingo. Yes, this is what I was meaning. Overseer specific event rewards, not general ones.

I've only been back playing EQ two years but I suspect there was outcry from those who couldn't care less about housing and other fluff getting those kinds of rewards for drops, quests, and/or collections since those ended after TDS for anything other than weapon slot items that had other uses, too. My thoughts on this is also based on the complaints with the 'pre-release' ornaments as well as the complaints in EQ2 when I was actively playing there and on their boards then. (But the 'fluff' community is larger in EQ2 because there is more fluff there.)
  11. Cannikin Augur

Don't think anyone has mentioned this, but on beta at least they have added the ToL power sources to the overseer vendor for 15k each, which is a very useful thing to spend those tetradrachms on. We'll see tomorrow if that carries over to Live.
    Raptorjesus5 and Wyre Wintermute like this.
  12. Tatanka Joe Schmo

Wow, nice. Best news I've heard about Overseer in a while!
    Metanis and Raptorjesus5 like this.
  13. Wyre Wintermute I'm just a butterly dreaming I'm a man

That's pretty spiffy.

I wonder if they could make a "crafting" power source with special mods/boosts to success rate....
    Raptorjesus5 likes this.
  14. rahzel44 Journeyman

-Allow sorting by quest type, or give some kind of symbol indicator (or just say it in the name) of what type quest it is without having to click on it. After max level there's almost no reason to do anything besides tradeskill missions.

-Tetra vendor is almost entirely bad. There are a couple decent 1HS ornaments but the rest is terrible.

-Reduce the quest times so that running 24 hour missions doesn't get later and later every day.

-Autopopulate Agents button for quests.

-Instant agent conversion with autopopulate button. Why is the 10 second conversion time even a thing? With the lag of sorting your agents every single click and then flipping to the current tasks then waiting for the 10sec + extra server lag time, it's like 1 conversion a minute. Why?? Just make converting instant without repopulating fields manually every friggen time. When you have 150 dupes to convert, it can literally eat half an hour of your time for a task that is horrendously tedious and provides almost no benefit late-game anyway.

-The recovery missions are pointless. Just remove them.

-Let us use experience rewards for AAs at some point. Is the intent really that people just never do anything besides tradeskills once level 5 and max character level? Is giving someone a 2AA reward for a mission going to break something?

-Less poison-making rewards, more research/tinkering.
    Joules_Bianchi likes this.
  15. Joules_Bianchi A certain gnome

Especially starting Overseer on a new 85, I focus entirely on recruit missions and any missions I can critically win for the extra agent.

Many people Overseer for tradeskill materials.

The word "best" in your post is subjective.

I would prefer a select mission type button before autopopulate.

Also, sometimes 'Best this cycle" screws you for the next cycle of offered quests. With blanket autopopulate you couldn't park an agent you KNOW since yesterday, is needed for an offered quest that isn't currently up, but appears daily.
  16. Joules_Bianchi A certain gnome

People PLAYED Legends of Norrath and it had consistently better rewards, all of which are still in game assets. Overseer is not better.

Even just looting the LoN cards was more fun, plus, it was a fun game actual PEOPLE played instead of this WoW mission table RTS timewaster wannabe.

Timerquest games aren't engaging, they're pure MAU/DAU manipulation.

Come back in 6 hours, come back in 12, come back daily just to juke player numbers on the sly.
    Rijacki likes this.
  17. Joules_Bianchi A certain gnome

18. Rijacki Just a rare RPer on FV and Oakwynd

If the unlock was per account, I would be a lot more likely to use Hero's Forge and maybe even buy some of the items on the Marketplace.

If there was a HF unlock for Tetra-whatever or Loyalty coin with the unlock still per character, I would be a lot more likely to use Hero's Forge and maybe even buy some of the items on the Marketplace.

I actually have a free unlock on 2 of my accounts (anniversary? had to be all-access at the time?) and I am loathe to use it because I don't know if I might want it for a different character on the account once I use it. I do have 2 of my characters on the same account and 1 character on my F2P account unlocked. One is unlocked because a friend gifted me a suit she got in drops from 4th Gate. Another is unlocked because the character has always had a thing for odd hats (which started when she was created and got a glove that could also be worn as a hat because it was tagged incorrectly). The third is because the illusion form can't wear a robe and the default graphic clashed with her other armor bits (yes, pure vanity). For the 3rd one, I didn't realise I had a free unlock because it is with a hat in the claims.
  19. adetia Monkess Wonder, Ruler of All

Some of the items available on the overseer vendor on beta, if brought to live, would take the vendor from marginally useful at best, imo, to having a reason to use it at all.
  20. Cannikin Augur

Sorry guys, looks like DPG was trolling us on Beta. The power sources did not get put on the Overseer vendor on Live.

What really gets me is, if this was a Beta exclusive feature it doesn't make a whole lot of sense as to why they put them on the Overseer vendor over there when there's a Beta vendor that has basically everything already.