Overseer Halloween Quests

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Beltirabelkira, Oct 28, 2022.

1. Beltirabelkira Elder

I found another bug in the Halloween quests.

If you attempt to do a second version of the same quest (i.e. start tricks and treats, then the normal reset happens and you try and activate a second tricks and treats) it bugs out the first one and doesn't give you the second one.

It still gives you the rewards (as far as I could tell) but in the active quests window it shows no quest party.

Also when you complete it while bugged, it doesn't check off that you've done it in the achievement.
    Kendeth and tanith like this.
  2. tanith Augur

Indeed
    We usually never get a quest listed in the available quests list when there is another instance of it in the active quests tab. So presumably this is a bug?

(and starting a second one while a first is still uncompleted does bug both out - altho I only did this once!)
  3. Beltirabelkira Elder

Ok, it's even worse. I had posted after spending a few daybreak cash to finish a tricks and treats overseer (since the quest refresh was going to be in an hour). I logged out after finishing to do stuff on beta. Loaded back to live, and my check mark for the tricks and treats was no longer checked.
  4. tanith Augur

As you said, the bugged quests won't show up.
    I did another round after quest rotation and they also didn't show up
    So claimed the next round on a different toon on that account and that worked
    No idea whether it was a 'time' or a 'different toon' thing that worked - but would suggest trying that until there's a fix

None of which takes away from the fact that this is clearly broken....
  5. Myysterio Lorekeeper

You got more than one quest? I only got the same one like 3 times now.
    Knifen likes this.
  6. Beltirabelkira Elder

Logged on today and had the third quest. With the second one checked off on the achievement. Can only think that poked something last night or something.
  7. tanith Augur

check you have the achievement. You don't get the next one up until you have the achievement AND the quests have rotated. If that still doesn't work, try using a different toon on the same account
  8. Loup Garou De loop de loop

Got the first quest on Thursday when the patch was finished. Completed and it checked off the box in the /ach

Was offered the second one so set that one up. Finished and got the reward and it ticked off in /ach.

Today I was offered the first one again. No third one. Both the first 2 are still checked off. They have rotated to where I should have been given the third one instead of the first one again.

I figured there is some secret thing going on here they have not told us so I am doing every Overseer that even mentions Halloween type stuff.
    Nennius likes this.