Overseer: Fail more often when ended early?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Wiff, Jul 2, 2020.

1. Wiff Elder

Both my friend and I have noticed that if we pay to end a quest early, it fails more often.

Twice in the last week I have failed 4 out of 5 when ending them immediately after taking them. I have screen shots of this if needed. I almost never fail if I let them go the full time, which I usually do. I won't even do a quest when success chance is less than 75%. It's almost always 85% or higher.

I have 13 failures and 8 critical failures. All but about 2-3 of these have been when I paid to end it early. Can someone please look in to this?
    Voktar likes this.
  2. Velisaris_MS Augur

Were they recovery quests? I got a LOT of failures on recovery quests if I paid to end them early, which is one of the reasons I stopped doing them.
    Tatanka likes this.
  3. Voktar Journeyman

I have noticed something similar.

99% of my critical failures comes after paying from a quest with a +90% success rate.

I mean, ok, i can fail, even at +90% success rate, i expect that. But a critical fail at %94 success rate quest purchased with DB Cash? Critical?????? Reaaaallyyyyyyyyyyyy? o_O

Also, if you log off, and come hours later it seems you get some free completed quest, some times 2 or 3. I wonder why...

Something is or at least feels a little off...
  4. Morigaine Elder

I have experienced this and do think there is something going on with it. I would add one nuance that also seems true from my experience.

If I do an early completion on quests with relatively short time remaining ( say 30 min), because I want to get a rotation done so I can go to bed, I never experience this.

If I do an early completion on a quest with significant time remaining (10+ hours) because I want a specific agent back in rotation for another quest, it seems to occur almost every time.

I haven't kept data or logs with specifics but it has happened enough times that I never do early completions on quests with significant timers remaining because it's happened enough to make me confident something is bugged.
  5. Sokki Still Won't Buff You!!

I've noticed more failures in general these past few weeks. I've had several Crit Failures on 90% quests this week alone, usually I would go a whole week without a failure but to see multiple crit failures on 90% chance quests back to back is really odd.
  6. Zamiam Augur

stop paying :p
  7. Wiff Elder

Velisaris_MS: I'm not talking about recovery quests. I generally don't do those at all.

Morigaine: I agree that it is worse with longer time remaining. I have only twice taken 5 quests then immediately paid to complete them all. I failed 4 of the 5 both times. I pay to finish them 20-60 minutes early a lot and don't have the problem.

Zamiam: We have both stopped paying, until this is addressed.