Overseer Conversions take 50 seconds

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by OldEQaddict, Jul 24, 2023.

1. OldEQaddict Journeyman

Not sure if this is intended or a bug, but Conversions in Overseer are taking 50 seconds each for me. The Quests tab still shows 10s to complete a conversion, but on the Active Quests tab, it shows 50s. The conversion counts down the full 50s duration. It also gives the option to finish early for 2 DBC.
  2. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

Update your clock on your pc to match the internet time. You're probably slightly out of sync.
    Fenthen likes this.
  3. Fenthen aka Rath

Your PC clock is not synchronized correctly. It should be 10s if everything is set correctly.
  4. Soulbanshee Augur

"It looks right" doesn't count, a few seconds off will cause a failure in the synchronization.

Open command prompt, run as administrator.
    net start w32time
    w32tm /resync /rediscover
    w32tm /resync /force
    If you get an error message do the 2 resync commands again.

Check your time sync at https://time.gov/, it should say your clock is off less than a second.
  5. Monkeychunks Augur

6. OldEQaddict Journeyman

Synced my clock and it worked. Thanks everyone. Still learning something new every day!
    Fenthen likes this.
  7. Wulfhere Augur

Windows 10 > Settings > Date & Time
    Make sure you enable Set time automatically or the problem will reoccur.
  8. Soulbanshee Augur

It will still occur because the default time sync is like a week, and time.windows.com default NTP server is known to be unreliable. Windows OS can handle more time drift than real-time transactions are able to. Lowering the sync time (regedit) and/or changing the internet time source to time.nist.gov, or pool.ntp.org, or whatever Google is, or anything else helps.
    Wulfhere likes this.
  9. Wulfhere Augur

Yes that's important too. I changed my time sync source to pool.ntp.org with an interval of 8 hours years ago. This was to fix dead time with combat discipline timers. Syncing time is required for the EQ client to perform nominally in many respects.
  10. Beimeith Lord of the Game

If your clock gets that out of sync, even with the default windows time server, it usually means there is an issue with the real time clock on your motherboard. Usually it just means the battery needs to be replaced.
  11. Soulbanshee Augur

Whatever its doing, its not a 1:1 drift vs Overseer. Anything from like 3-5 seconds out of sync could put overseer off by that much. It seems like its exponential because Ive seen reports it adds hours to long quests, and the clock drift wasnt enough for someone to notice their system time was off.
  12. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

13. Beimeith Lord of the Game

I didn't say it was 1:1 drift. I said if your computer clock drifts enough that overseer has an out of sync problem, then you may have a problem with your hardware, usually just the battery powering the RTC needs replacing.

Most computers aren't high accuracy and drift between 1-2 seconds a day, and windows by default only syncs once a week. If 3 seconds was enough to cause a problem, almost everyone would be constantly having issues. The two computers I have turned on right now are off 2 seconds from each other, and I sync to an NTP server on my own network (I haven't changed the frequency though).