Info Needed Overseer character xp amount reduced - intentional? bug? just me?? D:

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Eviara, Feb 18, 2023.

1. Eviara Journeyman

Oh, it was Wyre that figured out PoK was the problem, not me! I was just reiterating their findings. I have no idea why the 105 druid and ench are showing higher exp rewards than the others, though.

12-hour level 5 task "Fab Four" on 105 Druid (didn't have a 24-hour option to preview on this account):
    0.42% while in PoK (vs. 0.27% that the 99 shaman got)
    1.56% while in GL (vs. 1%)

24-hour level 5 task "Orcs Can Write?" on 105 Ench (I don't have any 12-hour categories at level 5 to compare on this account):
    0.76% while in PoK (vs. 0.486%)
    2.80% while in GL (vs 1.8%)

Both experience amounts, PoK and non-PoK, are affected. I don't know why there's such a discrepancy compared to the others, unless it's some level-based issue.
  2. Velisaris_MS Augur

Are any of those characters heroic toons? Are the accounts RAF accounts? Has one toon done more "stuff" (achievements, progression, quests, etc.) than the other?
  3. Eviara Journeyman

It seems more character- or level-specific, since each account has a 105 on it and the 105s are the ones getting the higher exp rates. I wrote it poorly but I was trying to make do with the line-up of missions I had available at the time. The shaman exp amounts in parentheses were meant as a point of comparison to show that the 105s are definitely getting higher rewards than the 85-99s. No RAF, no heroic characters. I do have way more achievements on the 105 druid, but again, the druid and ench are getting the same, higher rates, so I don't think that's affecting the exp amounts. No vitality on the druid or ench either.
  4. Bummak Journeyman

The exp rates he was seeing were NOT bonus exp rates, but regular ones. I know this, because those are the rates I see when I do those quests. With Bonus XP, I see a much higher rate of exp.
  5. Bummak Journeyman

I think your Druid possibly had a Critical Success on that 12 hour. That looks like a Critical Success anyway.
  6. Drakang Augur

Didnt have Fellowship sharing on did you?
  7. Wyre Wintermute I'm just a butterly dreaming I'm a man

Instead of replying to the replies..

Character level comes into play for varied XP rates.

The big issue is that the zone is causing a difference in XP rate. Notable PoK, but possibly other zones might add or reduce earned XP. (this is conjecture, because you'd literally have to check basically ever EQ zone...)

I has nil to do with RAF, Heroic Character, etc..

The XP gains for lower level characters are lower than for higher level characters.

I'm in PoWater right now, on a level 105.

Evaria states:
    24-hour level 5 task "Orcs Can Write?" on 105 Ench (I don't have any 12-hour categories at level 5 to compare on this account):
    0.76% while in PoK (vs. 0.486%)
    2.80% while in GL (vs 1.8%)

I see: 2.8%, 2.8% 2.94%

That 2.94% is one account with adventure perk. (5% bonus)

In PoK I see:

.76% .76%, .8%

On the 86's I see:
    1.73%, 1.73%, 1.81% in the lobby

in PoK I see:
    .47% .47% .49%

So it is nothing about the characters.

Level has an impact, as does quest rarity and overseer level.. but this is a ZONE thing.
  8. Velisaris_MS Augur

Just tested some of my toons on my 3 accounts. Sever is Drinal. I'm maxed in all categories on all accounts, so every task is level 5.

97 Mage
    98 Warrior
    116 Druid

All toons are heroic. I randomly checked the preview on several 12-hour and 24-hour tasks in the task list, both gray and green if available (didn't have any higher than green). In both PoK and the Lobby, the xp was the same (at the expected percentages) in both zones. The only diffrerence was in the amount of merc AA that would be gained on the 2 lower level toons vs. the 116 druid. Again, this was as expected. All the gray 12 hour tasks were showing 1% xp and green ones 1.33%. The gray 24 hour tasks were showing 1.8%. I didn't have any higher research tasks in my rotations. These amounts are what they've always been for me.

I also checked my completed tasks, waiting for me to finish them. I checked before clicking "finish" and then again after when they were in the reward window...in both PoK and the Lobby. Once again, the xp amounts were as expected and correct.

I also swapped out the mage for a level 100, non-heroic druid. The rewards in the preview were also correct in both zones.

So, it is not a zone issue...at least not a game-wide zone issue. If it was, I'd see it as well.

It's either a character specific issue, an account specific issue, or an issue with specific servers.
  9. Wyre Wintermute I'm just a butterly dreaming I'm a man

Both OP and I were checking on Ragefire, so it is possible there is something wrong with Ragefire's PoK
  10. Tarvas Redwall of Coirnav, now Drinal

Seeing this as well regardless of zone for Research quests. They use to be 2.40% and are now 1.80%

110 and level 5 research quests (Hot Oil, Orcs Can Write, etc).
  11. Gialana Augur

I'm pretty sure level 5 common and easy research quests have always given 1.80% regular experience on normal servers when there's no bonus experience. A crit success should give 2.70% experience, and the level 5 uncommon research quest (Just a Prophecy) should give the 2.40% experience.
  12. Velisaris_MS Augur

Pretty sure it's always been 1.8% for common Research tasks.
  13. Tarvas Redwall of Coirnav, now Drinal

Okay, maybe I just had long lucky run and it suddenly dried up. Thank you.
  14. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

XP is also based on the char's level too. Its super low at the lower levels.
  15. Gialana Augur

The total amount of experience would be lower since the experience required to level is lower. But the level of your character isn't supposed to affect the percent-of-level experience gained. So if a quest gives a level 115 character 1.00% experience, it should give a level 85 1.00% experience. If you're seeing something different, that sounds like a bug.

The once exception I've seen so far is that my level 86 sees a percent-of-level experience that's about 4% lower than any other level I've checked. I've checked level 85 but nothing between 86 and 99.
  16. Tarvas Redwall of Coirnav, now Drinal

At this point, I think something is going on with the rewards specific to my character on one account. Over the past week, my two other characters have all gotten multiple level 4 research rewards at 2.70% littered in with the 1.80% (at level 110). My main account has only seen 1.80% rewards for level 5 research. Not earth breaking stuff, but something does seem to be going on.
  17. Velisaris_MS Augur

I hate to necro, but I'm bumping this because it was marked as "confirmed" and apparently never addressed/fixed. It appears to still be happening.

I made a heroic (lvl 85) bard on one of my accounts during the last bonus xp period we had. This toon is now experiencing this reduced xp bug. With all categories maxed out, he should be getting 1% xp on all common 12 hour tasks, yet he's only getting .96% on them. The same thing is happening on higher rank and 24 hour tasks...he's gtting less than what is expected on everything. The reward previews are also showing the reduced amounts. I have 2 other toons on that account (both 120, and one is heroic) and they show the correct xp amounts on both the actual reward for a completed task and the reward previews. I have no other 85+ toons on that account to experiment with.

On the flip side, on another of my accounts (all OS categories maxed), I have a 102 warrior (heroic) that is receiving a 50% xp BONUS on all Overseer rewards, meaning the toon is getting 1.5% xp on common, 12-hour tasks, and +50% on all other task rewards. I don't have Lesson or a potion going, it's not in a fellowship, not a RAF account, no perks, and as far as I know, there is no bonus xp going on right now. I have 3 other Overseer enabled toons on the account (2 120 toons and a 85 toon; 1 of the 120's and the 85 are heroic). All three of them show the normal xp reward amounts (i.e. 1% xp for a common 12 hour task).

I've tried previewing rewards and claiming rewards in both non-combat zones (PoK, Lobby, GH) and normal zones (Freeport, Steamfont), it's all the same as I described.

While this isn't game-breaking, it would be nice if it was at least addressed.
  18. Wulfhere Augur

Seems like the Zem is involved. Try doing Overseer in a hotzone I guess.
  19. Velisaris_MS Augur

If you're replying to my post, it's got nothing to do with the zones. Other toons on the same account, in the same zones, previewing the same rewards, and even collecting the same task rewards are getting/showing the correct xp amount.

It's clearly a toon based bug and seems to be able to affect the xp amount both ways, imposing a penalty on one toon on one account, and giving a bonus on another toon on a different account.

(And just to clarify about the toon getting the bonus, this is on a non-critical success reward AND also slowing the bonus xp in the reward preview...for that toon only).
  20. niente Developer

Can you let us know the PC name and server of any of the characters who are having exp issues? Can also send me a PM if you don't want to post.