Ornaments laments

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Walkka, Jun 4, 2014.

1. Walkka New Member

Ok this is really bugging me.

Every bazaar search is crowded with hundreds of ornaments that will fill this particular slot / class / race. I have to scroll through pages of useless stuff to find what I need.

Ornaments drop way too easily, people put them on their trader but very few people seem to buy them (seeing the prices they go for), the bazaar is flooded. I don't use ornaments, and I don't intend to. I am happy to pay for a sub, and expansions, I will not pay more for the privilege to use ornaments, it seems I am not alone.

If at least there was a way to exclude ornaments from a Bazaar search, or maybe there is? Did I miss something? Please tell me I did!
    Yinla likes this.
  2. DandinMindfire Elder

Be more specific in your Bazar searches. Try narrowing down your search radius by specifying a race and a class, maybe the slot your looking for.
    Additionally you can set the Bazar window to search for specific statistics and sort the search field by that stat.
    Take a look at the left hand side of the Baz window, and you will find all these drop down categories there.

You can even search for a specific item name if you like.

Or you could always shop in general chat :)

/1 WTB Blade of Carnage -- PST with price !
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  3. Caixaa Elder

Well, I am the one who likes to have a big wardrobe in EQ, so when I check bazaar I only check for ornaments... and it bothers me to have all the other stuff in my search when I look for them.

But I dont complain, i just try to do an accurate search and keep going...
  4. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

This is a none issue anymore; and it only ever applied to when you were searching for augmentations. The only time this was a legitimate complaint was when all augments were effectively lumped together, now you can search by aug type which eliminates the ornaments; selecting the type of item you are looking for eliminate them from all other searches.
  5. Fenthen aka Rath

Armor are Ornaments, Weapons are mostly Ornamentations with a few exceptions. The weapon container ornaments are the interesting case here.
  6. Hiladdar Augur

Walkka brings up a great point, and concur with him, and echo his concurn.

A possible solution is to limit the search to items more then 101pp. That tends to filter out most of the ornaments.
  7. beryon Augur

What are you searching for? If you're searching for armor or jewelry, you need to select that from the drop-down list.
  8. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

Really? Because when I choose armor, ornamentations do not show up. I am not sure on the weapon types though, but I don't think they do. If any ornaments are showing they sound like they are miss labeled.
  9. feiddan Augur

This.

If you search by slot (say, arms), ornamentations DO show up.

What you need to do is further limit your search. Specifically, Select by type -> Armor (or Jewelry, or 1hb, or 2hs, etc). This will remove all ornaments and ornamentations from your searches.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.