origin makes me lose connection

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Table, Oct 8, 2021.

1. Table New Member

I transferred from zek to emarr a couple months back. My home city is Shar Vahl. When I cast origin i stay in the game, but I am unable to do anything. Eventually I lose connection. Otherwise, I can /ex out. I distinctly remember using origin to get to shar vahl before I knew I had a summon tribute aa. So this is fairly recent.

Someone in general chat suggested I had corrupt shar vahl files and said i should zone into shar vahl to redo the files and then try origin. That did not work. Any suggestions?
  2. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

This sounds like the old bug from when they introduced F2P and made all starting citys set to Cresent Reach on character creation for F2p but it bugged out and would give returning accounts Cresent Reach as their origin.

I would petition cause I think in your transfer it branded your account wrong so now when you Origin it does not know if it should send you to Cresent Reach or Shar Vahl

You could always do a file verification in the meantime.
  3. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Log in and do /char info, that will tell you where your bind point and origin spots are.
  4. Thunderkiks Augur

I had this happen to a character I transferred a few years ago. I petitioned it and they fixed it for me no problem. So, file a petition.