Open Raids on Emarr

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Jomar, Oct 28, 2018.

1. Jomar New Member

Come join us every Thursday evening at 5:00pm PST (7 central / 8 eastern) for raids open to the entire server. Must be at least level 100. We have a website set up for posting info and rules for raiding. Go here: http://openraidem.freeforums.net/ and register.
    We have started raiding in CoTF and will be moving to TDS soon and as the raid force grows we will raid in TBM and then EoK.
    Come join in and enjoy the fun.
    Suffer, Daedly, Yimin and 1 other person like this.
  2. Jordis Augur

You're using the website to manage DKP so players that participate often have a better chance at loot than we'd get with just randoming? I noticed that a lot of the loot on the last raid was FFA because most were there for the achievements, flags and some of the older spells.
    Yimin likes this.
  3. Yimin Augur

Good luck for my old server :D

YiMin
  4. Jomar New Member

Correct Jordis we do have a DKP system and we did this to insure as we get into more current content and the loot is actual upgrades to players, there is a system in place other than random rolls which is not a good method to reward loot.
  5. BadPallyGuildLeader Augur

I can never be too positive about things like this. Wish it was something on every server. It's so good for the game. It gets people to try something that perhaps they wouldn't normally try as a casual.
  6. Daedly Augur

If you guys ever start raiding Sunday nights please let me know. I am gonna start trying to box some VoA, RoF, ToV and a CoTF raids from time to time to get ahold of a few RK 3 that i missing. Would be awesome to do them others.
  7. Karhar Dream Crusher

SR raids on sundays, so i don't think that will ever happen minus an off night from a holiday or somesuch.
  8. Daedly Augur

Ah, didnt know it was being ran by SR. Ah well.
  9. Karhar Dream Crusher

Well its not ran specifically under SR, Jomarr is in sr though.
    Yimin likes this.
  10. Suffer Lorekeeper

Always fun to demolish older content. Thanks for putting this together fellas.
    Yimin likes this.
  11. Jomar New Member

As Karhar pointed out, Silent Resurgence raids on Sunday nights, so although I would love to accommodate as many folks as I can, Open Raids on Sundays is just not an option.... for now. Who knows what could happen. Maybe we could even start having an Open Raid during the day on Sundays. The whole point of these raids is to provide an opportunity to raid for players who are normally groupers. I am glad to see the interest growing and yes Suffer, it is quite satisfying demolishing old content.