Oow/POR locked server

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Xeris, Sep 7, 2022.

1. Jimmy2times Elder

Been asking for a server like this forever, hopefully they will listen eventually. Some "mid-tier" locked kind of server would be awesome. I am all for an epic 2.0 locked server myself.
  2. Xanathol Augur

[IMG]
  3. Brildon Augur

Lvl 70 content isn't bad, but it stales quick. Mischief/Thornblade are about a month a way from dodh and pretty much no one wants to see anguish ever again. Those 4 xpacks is a pretty big slog, and realistically I think a PoR locked server would die twice as fast as Agnarr, probably even quicker
    Skuz likes this.
  4. Xeris Augur

weird, cuz Agnarr isn't even dead right now, so that bodes well for a oow/por locked server.
  5. Bagel New Member

TSS locked server would be awesome, that’s my vote.
  6. Brildon Augur

its server population is at low all times of day and all days of the week, dont try and pretend like the server isn't struggling
  7. Jimmy2times Elder

Probably about half of all EQ servers are at the “low” mark as well.
  8. Xeris Augur

First: I'm not the one who said "dead." Dead =/= struggling, pick one?

Second: Name me a TLP server that's been out for 5 years that is at high population? Your point is kinda moot, every TLP server is "struggling" after 5 years. And, I'd say that Agnarr isn't struggling, we field 4 raid guilds doing content weekly, it's just fine for the players that want to play there.

If your definition of struggling is not 15 raid guilds and 25 picks of Guk then yes it's struggling, sure, but name me a TLP that isn't after 5 years. Point is: there's a sizable group of several hundred people that play on Agnarr that clearly enjoy the concept of a locked server. There are probably several hundred more people that would like a oow/por era locked server, many Agnarr people being among them.
  9. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

TSS Locked server that launches with TSS open but has level locking could be interesting but it seems its only a few folks who really dig the level locking concept.
  10. Brildon Augur

I think the level locking system would be hard to get right, as people go at different cadences and you'd always end up with people feeling like they are just being time gated. Similar how there are such vast opinions on how long xpack releases should be on TLPs from 1 month to I'm pretty sure I saw 6+ months suggested not too long ago.

Though I would dig a TSS start, just not a lock.
  11. Aeonblade Very Hungry Vah Shir

To be honest I've found DoN fun and refreshing...Most of us looking forward to DoDH and I've never done PoR either so we'll just have to see! I think the loot ruleset has helped Mischief a lot in retaining it's population through this 70s slog.
  12. noseminer New Member

They would need to rebalance caster/melee dps and remove the immunities otherwise imagine being a caster stuck at lvl 70 lmao.
  13. TheAgenda Augur

Open server with all content unlocked up through live. Level locked starting at 10. Open 10 levels per month. In 1 year you're caught up to live.
  14. Brildon Augur

So the first month you play half a day and hit 10.. the 2nd month you play 1 day and hit 20 etc.... the servers would have pretty much no reason to play on for the first like 5 or 6 months... then all a sudden the game would ramp up so fast doing lvl jumps of 10 is essentially 2-6 xpacks a month of content... the amount of raids and progression designed in-between there, the last 6 months would be daunting
  15. Xeris Augur

Nothing fancy needed here, just a normal TLP that locks at OOW or POR, dealer's choice. Both good options.
    Aenvar likes this.
  16. Cidran Augur

OoW server sounds great to me, would definitely play there. Personally, always wished Agnarr locked there instead of LDoN.
  17. ikarinokamii Elder

I would love a level 70, 75 or 80 locked server. Any of these levels would be great for a locked server. 80 would probably be the best, as it would cannibalize Agnarr the least.
  18. Treeconix Elder

Nobody said you need to do all the content in a year...
  19. Brildon Augur

then the server idea is vastly flawed, might as well play on a live server and go at your own rate
    Fenthen likes this.
  20. Fenthen aka Rath

Exactly. Except that all the zones from 13-110 are going to be pretty empty.