One login per machine code on Phinigel: False positives and the world server rejecting login

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Oberan, Dec 18, 2015.

1. Oberan Elder

What is to be done when the server is falsely flagging your hardware as logged in when it isn't? Will the issue correct itself in time for the double xp?

Currently my main computer cannot log into eq because somehow the system thinks my computer is running another eq account when it isn't. (no virtualization involved, system has been restarted, account works fine on an alternate (but much less powerful) machine)
  2. Ducreux Augur

Has happened to my laptop twice now. Once locked out for ~6 hours, once for ~9 hours. Uninstalling EQ does not fix it.
  3. MBear Augur

Any particular order of operation performed before getting locked out?
    If it is happening to a few people it would be nice to help with any data they could use to fix it that you might have in common.
  4. Badenglando New Member

Wow holy ****. I'm usually a pretty calm individual but my laptop just got kicked to the server select while zoning and now it's locked out again.
  5. Nolrog Augur

You should PM Hludwolf with as many details as you can (include your station name and time so he can check the logs and see why the detection code was tripped.) Since it's the weekend, and next week is Christmas week, it may be a bit before he can look into it.
  6. Tudadar Augur

Make sure you dont /q

/camp desktop if you want out

Unless you mean the patcher saying playing when u click play and nothign happening. Thats been happening to me for months had to re dl EQ.
  7. Oberan Elder

Well it had fixed itself last night (after about 5 hours). I played for a while. Camped (normally mind you) and exited the client. And here it is back again this morning with the error (its been at least 7 hours since i logged out). My laptop works fine and i camped the same way on it. Yet my main desktop exhibits this problem.

The only thing i can think of is that their code is producing duplicate machine hashes which is locking one person out when the other person is logged in...
  8. EQ1999 Elder

I've been playing on 6 different machines and so far have not had this happen.

Have you checked your task manager to see if somehow you are running multiple instances of EQ without knowing it? I know I've had this happen going through the launcher.

Have you tried by-passing the patcher?
  9. Oberan Elder

Unless EQ is putting itself into my startup options and launching into the server/logging in by itself I highly doubt that's the problem. I had noted that i had restarted my machine (multiple times actually)

And it happens when i do the server select, bypassing the launcher does nothing (going on 9 hours locked out now fyi)

The first time I had this happen was on friday (after not playing much on thursday) it must be a bug introduced in the last patch.
  10. Oberan Elder

Happened again this morning (12/24).. I left my machines logged in for the whole 2x exp weekend to get around it but i decided to log off last night on both my machines. Now my main one is exp the bug again.

been 9 hours now.. Please fix...