One general and one specific question about adding people to group missions/HAs...

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Tatanka, Mar 24, 2021.

1. Tatanka Joe Schmo

When you have a chance to add others to your mission/HA to get credit, or have a chance to loot something, how exactly is it done? Is it just as simple as inviting them to the group, or is there more to it? And does it work the same for HAs and group missions, or is there a difference?

I know about tasks locking, and not being able to add people after that. For Unity, where is that point? I'm almost done getting my Geode augs, so I'll probably run into a point where I get more of the kind I don't need. Can I add others to get the aug if I haven't killed the third commander yet?

Thanks!
  2. Svann2 The Magnificent

Depends.
    Mostly its just about giving them a /taskadd before you complete the mission. But the GD mission actually required them to get in the mission before completion. Probably a few more like that too. The unity feather requires them to have taskadd, and be in group, and be in zone. And there have been a few that lock when you get the mission so they need to be in group right at the start because you wont be able to taskadd them later.

edit: I dont think there is a lock on unity mission, but im not 100%
  3. Caemien Elder

If you check for the named after subduing the first 2 commanders and kill the named at that point the task is not yet locked so you should be able to /taskadd a person and add them to your group at that point to get the aug for them. That is what I have been doing and it works just fine
  4. Tatanka Joe Schmo

Thanks, that's just what I was looking for. So, I need to invite to group, and then /taskadd.

Got my last Adroitness aug yesterday, and have one Brilliance aug still needed. I just wanted to know what to do so I could give away any extra augs I get.

And if I understand this process correctly.... if you pass the "lock" point in a mission, then you can't change the group or /taskadd others, correct?
  5. CazRa New Member

Once locked you can't add or change out people but up until that point you can switch in people all you want, as long as they fit the requirements.
  6. Svann2 The Magnificent

For unity mission theres no point in doing anything but the first 2 steps anyway, imo. Your really just there for the feather and/or the aug.
  7. Accipiter Old Timer

I can't speak to Unity specifically, but in most cases you don't need to add them to the group. You can, of course, if it makes looting easier.
  8. Vumad Cape Wearer

The list of people in your current task is listed in the second tab on the quest window. You can control the people in the task from that location. You can also use the taskadd command, or click on their name in a chat window and use the options from the drop down menu. This is very convenient when adding someone LFG from the guild chat or etc.