Old-School Jewelcraft Gone?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Smallpox, Jun 17, 2014.

1. Smallpox Augur

2. Fendy Augur

Took a quick look at alla and trader's corners. Seems to be a lot of old school jewelcraft recipes that are still valid. Did you find more than one that is no longer player made?
  3. Smallpox Augur

4. Fendy Augur

Hmm. Looks like Velious and earlier. Other than wedding rings for purely ceremonial purposes I can't see much market to make and sell these items. Maybe they did drop all of the original items from the recipe tables. Have you seen this for the other tradeskills too?
  5. Smallpox Augur

Not sure, those were just the ones that caught my eye (original catch goes to Mugsynj) . Seems strange to remove them. What was the harm in just leaving them as-is?
  6. Random_Enchanter Augur

They removed all the enchanted versions of the 'old school' combines. The non-enchanted versions still exist and can be made, but they are (still) deligated to pure skill up fodder.

this is purely conjecture based on what i have seen but . .
    It seems that Sony does not and did not want lower level char's being able to obtain high base stats (str, agi dex etc) from these items. The basis for this conjectur is the stats on the defiant and other non-'old school' gear, they have very little acual stats and are more HME and ratio (for weapons) reliant compared to the old enchanted JC.

how the additional stats effect game play in the low levels I dont have an idea but based off the gear comparisions, sony doesn't want players having to much early on.
  7. Smallpox Augur

I can see that as a valid argument, but what about this: Advanced Item Search (Alla's)

The above search is for
    Level: 1-5
    Class: Necro
    Type: Jewelry
    Slot: Finger
    *Crafted Only

The stats on the items from that search are far better than what they removed.

Some examples:
    [IMG]Velium Blue Diamond Ring 85 AC: +10 vsMg: +5 vsFire: +5 vsCold: +5 vsPsn: +5 vsDis: +5 HP: +65 Mana: +65 End: +65 Wt: 0.1
    [IMG] Square Cut Harmonagate Silver Ring 56 AC: +8 Str: +5 Sta: +5 Cha: +5 vsMg: +4 vsFire: +4 vsCold: +4 vsPsn: +4 vsDis: +4 HP: +40 Mana: +40 End: +40 Wt: 0.1 Tribute: 601
    [IMG] Round Cut Harmonagate Silver Ring 56 AC: +8 Wis: +5 Int: +5 Cha: +5 vsMg: +4 vsFire: +4 vsCold: +4 vsPsn: +4 vsDis: +4 HP: +40 Mana: +40 End: +40 Wt: 0.1 Tribute: 601
    [IMG] Oval Cut Harmonagate Silver Ring 56 AC: +8 Str: +5 Wis: +5 Int: +5 vsMg: +4 vsFire: +4 vsCold: +4 vsPsn: +4 vsDis: +4 HP: +40 Mana: +40 End: +40 Wt: 0.1 Tribute: 601
    [IMG] Half-Moon Cut Harmonagate Silver Ring 56 AC: +8 Str: +5 Agi: +5 Dex: +5 vsMg: +4 vsFire: +4 vsCold: +4 vsPsn: +4 vsDis: +4 HP: +40 Mana: +40 End: +40 Wt: 0.1 Tribute: 601
    [IMG] Trilion Cut Harmonagate Silver Ring 56 AC: +8 Sta: +5 Agi: +5 Dex: +5 vsMg: +4 vsFire: +4 vsCold: +4 vsPsn: +4 vsDis: +4 HP: +40 Mana: +40 End: +40 Wt: 0.1 Tribute: 601
    Pear Cut Harmonagate Silver Ring 56 AC: +8 Sta: +5 Wis: +5 Int: +5 vsMg: +4 vsFire: +4 vsCold: +4 vsPsn: +4 vsDis: +4 HP: +40 Mana: +40 End: +40 Wt: 0.1 Tribute: 601
    [IMG] Marquise Cut Harmonagate Silver Ring 56 AC: +8 Agi: +5 Dex: +5 Cha: +5 vsMg: +4 vsFire: +4 vsCold: +4 vsPsn: +4 vsDis: +4 HP: +40 Mana: +40 End: +40 Wt: 0.1 Tribute: 601
  8. Random_Enchanter Augur

overall they are better yes, but for the single stat they are worse. what i belive was considered to over powered was the ability to mass up one stat and get to the stat cap on a low toon.

what we know for fact is that sony removed the old enchanted combines and replaced them the newer ones like that which you linked. To me the reasons were as i posted, but to be fair, the reasons arn't really relevent, they just explain why. And for all we know the Dev for tradeskills didnt like them and wanted to remove them to give him/herself more work. what i stated just seems like the most logical answer, not that iv talked about it a lot.
  9. Iila Augur

Yeah, there was a JC revamp at some point and all the old items lost accessibility.

It wasn't because of power, it was because most of the JC items were trash. But it does suck if you're looking to gear up a newbie, fire opal rings were awesome for that, and they're a lot harder to find now. If you don't have a few kicking around in a bank.

I think progression servers start with old JC enabled, so you might be able to source some of the items from refugees, or people who have 13+ year old crappy alts.
  10. Smallpox Augur

I guess I just do not understand why now? After 15 years? Seems sort of trivial to screw with something you will not be wearing after your first night of leveling a new toon. Makes no sense.
  11. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

It happened way back when they revamped JC. It isn't a recent thing.
    Yinla likes this.
  12. Iila Augur

It happened back in 2007, so nothing close to recent and I'm not sure if anyone involved is still working on EQ.

I thought they replaced the old combines, but they were just removed. So yeah, for the few items that mattered, it is annoying.
  13. Fenthen Living rent free in your headspace

I'm sorry, but 6/65 Velium Fire wedding rings are some of the best free-level rings in the game.
    Iila likes this.