Old rogue needs advice

Discussion in 'Melee' started by Tyru-Khaan, Oct 19, 2016.

1. Tyru-Khaan New Member

I'm a rogue, plain and simple. Coming back and haven't played since TSS. I wanna keep rogue as my main, 3 or 4 box up to 105 thought about shm and bard, and adding mage as pet tank, as I want to focus on rogue dps to zip thru levels. I just don't wanna get to 105 and realize I have no ability to stay with current content.

PS- not too keen on running 2 melee classes at once.
  2. Soulless New Member

personally i don't box.. I could not imagine boxing a rogue as a main they are to precise and squishy. Sadly eq does not have the members it used to in the old days. If rogue is your main you'll have to find groups.
    105 rogue Bristlebane.
  3. Brohg Augur

My experience is that if you're good, groups are easy. I didn't have to tank for myself at all leveling my rogue to 105 +full(ish) AA.
  4. Bamboompow Augur

You can box with a rogue just fine. Just don't expect the kind of dps you would produce in a real group (duh). You can still unload if your tank can grab and hold aggro. Just stuff your tank in a corner once the mob is good and angry and you won't have to look at that screen very often. If you are going to use a pet for a tank, than you won't have to worry about aggro that much.

I box a Pal/Bard/Zerk and rogue.
  5. Poyzen Frawg Augur

What level are you? Maybe consider purchasing a hero bump up.
    Mercs will heal you. A bard can just auto follow and /melody. Use a pet class (mage/necro/Bst) with a Tank merc. Most of your team now needs little attention.
    You, 3 mercs, a pet go to town .... the Bard and Pet class just need the casual click maintenance.
  6. TheDorfUnderlord New Member

You could just box more rogues. Rog rog rog rog. Fighting over the rear* end. May the best rogue live!
    Tyru-Khaan likes this.
  7. Tyru-Khaan New Member

Lol Dorf....now that's a intriguing idea

I did go with a Warrior which I made heroic. I already had well geared bard and shammy to go with my rogue... all 75. The heroic tank bought me a big saftey net to get back into playing shape. It's not as annoying as I had anticipated, having to keep the tank geared up sucks, but man its so much fun. It really is a wrecking crew, I just dinged 94 on all of them yesterday. This leveling thing is pretty easy. I just run HA and do the teek tasks.lol
    Stabbemmor likes this.