Ok, can someone please explain why

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by roth, Feb 2, 2013.

1. roth Augur

VoA and RoF cleric single target buffs are better than their group version?

I just looked at Reliance and Hand of Reliance, and the three ranks each match up - Reliance and HoReliance are both 4676 HP, 215 AC, Reliance 2 and HoReliance 2 are both 4957 HP, 228 AC, Reliance 3 and HoReliance 3 are both 5403 HP, 249 AC.

Yet both Credence and Certitude, this is not the case.
    Credence : 6213 HP, 299 AC
    Credence 2 : 6524 HP, 313 AC
    Credence 3 : 6850 HP, 329 AC
    HoCredence : 5902 HP, 284 AC
    HoCredence 2 : 6198 HP, 298 AC - less than Credence 1!!!!!
    HoCredence 3 : 6508 HP, 313 AC - lower HP but same AC as Credence 2!!!!!

Certitude : 7535 HP, 362 AC
    Certitude 2 : 7912 HP, 380 AC
    Certitude 3 : 8308 HP, 399 AC
    HoCertitude : 7158 HP, 344 AC
    HoCertitude 2 : 7516 HP, 361 AC - less than Certitude 1 !!!!!
    HoCertitude 3 : 7893 HP, 379 AC - less than Certitude 2!!!!!

Why are the Hand of Credence/Certitude spells of a given rank WEAKER than the single target Credence/Certitude spells of one rank LOWER?
  2. Xirtket Augur

is it like this for similar group buffs of lower levels? or just these?
  3. Silv Augur

That definitely seems like a bug because if you look at the "Unified Hand ... " spells, both single and group, they cast the correct version of the buff. By correct I mean the buff is identical to the single target version.

While I'm not saying it shouldn't be fixed, using the Unified version is an easy workaround.

Edit: as a personal reference, Enchanter and Druid single vs. group buffs are identical.
  4. Yraen_EMarr Journeyman

Those Hand of Credence/Certitude spells are only cast by Mercenary Clerics. It's some weird deal with trying to decrease Merc power relative to real Clerics.
  5. Mykaylla Augur

What Yraen said.

Clerics no longer cast "Hand of X," we cast "Unified Hand of X," which autocasts, on each person, single target spell haste, and single target Aegolism line. Hand of Certitude is a mercenary buff. Player clerics can't even mem it.
  6. SpamFactory Augur

all I can think about now is that cleric in another thread who was getting booted out of groups so the group members could pop a merc for the rk2 spell. now it's kind of funny since the merc rk2 is worse than the normal cleric's rank 1.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  7. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Won't they still be casting the single target version which is better then the group version until the merc levels up to get the group version?
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  8. Blacksun Elder

clerics are overpowered.