Odd Incident, can anyone help explain

Discussion in 'Tanks' started by Gearz, Mar 5, 2013.

1. Gearz Journeyman

I had something wierd happen tonight and wasnt sure if it was a bug or something I just dont understand about the mechanics of Projection of Fury.

On the Chapterhouse Raid (A Matter of Life and Death) I was 2nd tank. 1st tank aggroed and used Projection of Fury and was meleeing (I assume doing other aggro stuff as well). I gave him 10-15s to build aggro and used gut punch followed by Projection of Fury and backed out (melee attack was never on, no other aggro disks used/running). The intention was to have enough aggro to be ahead of virtually everyone but the 1st tank.

Despite the 1st tank being on the mob, I was summoned within 5-10s. I used flash of anger and backed out and the mob followed me (my attack was off). My assumption was that since the 1st tank used Projection of Fury (I saw the clone) and was doing melee and other aggro stuff, I would be safe using Projection of Fury and just be a decent bit behind him due to his melee and other aggro stuff.

Anyone have any ideas about happened and why?
  2. sojero One hit wonder

only thing I can think of is if his projection got killed somehow and did not transfer the hate to him, or yours generated more agro by chance. I would suggest using the taunt agro method instead of using projection to stay second on the hate list.
  3. Ranpha Augur

Perhaps the projection (as it acts like a pet) can actually taunt, and it got a succesful one in. Transfer all that aggro to you and you'll be on top.

I've noticed before that using projection can get you to the top of the hate list even when the first tank has a been tanking a while.
  4. Razzak Elder

Ive had this same thing happen to me twice, since then I have stopped using projection and instead just use taunt to ensure im #2. My guess is that the prjection actually taunts like a normal player and then builds agro at the rate a pet does, so even though the MT had his "pet" out there yours tauanted after his/hers did then they built agro at the same rate, then when it fades you get put to number 1 on the hate list
  5. Sathayorn Augur

What happened is this - your projection was used after his, and therefor expired afterwards.

Projection basically works like a delayed taunt + agro, if your agro by the end of the projection of fury is lower than the projections, your agro becomes equal to what it had before disappearing - what 1st tank should have done is taunted off of your projection. I've used this before and it is very important you communicate to other tanks before tossing out a projection so they know to hit ageless and burn some extra agro.