Odd EQ Crash

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Kianara, Oct 10, 2018.

1. Kianara Lorekeeper

Ok, so I've had this "crash" issue for quite some time - every now and again, EQ just shuts down. No crash notification, no nothing .. just poof, EQ window gone. I've checked everywhere I can think of, and have found no reason for the crash. Happens when I use integrated or NVIDIA graphics. Happens random times, in random zones, while doing random things.

Can't find anything in the crash logs EQ generates, in my Windows event viewer, etc. I've run scandisks, mem tests .. all come back fine. All drivers on my laptop are up to date, and I don't have this issue with anything else I use or play on this machine. Any idea what could be causing this? It's a minor annoyance most times, but still something I'd like to correct if I can. Thanks.
  2. xxGriff Augur

Your laptop has "Optimus"? had similar issue with Dell laptop with Optimus (Intel graphics for gen use and a nVidia GPU for 3D/Rendering) Updating drivers (for both Intel v15.40 and nVidia v377.83 WHQL) and then manually setting nVidia GPU to be used by any/all games (3D/DX) in the nVidia control panel. EQ still reports the Intel as being the GPU when video options is opened, but my nVidia card is being used. oh, also have you monitored the temps of your system?
    Metanis likes this.
  3. Wepps Journeyman

Are you in a group at the time each time?
  4. Wepps Journeyman

If you are and are in the process of clicking on loot, that is the cause. The lootmaster has allowed it to build up to the point that any time you click on a loot option it dumps the game window.
  5. Kianara Lorekeeper

Happens randomly. Could just be standing there then poof .. EQ is gone.

Temps are fine, and I've done the same thing with my NVIDIA. EQ is set to run through it as opposed to the integrated graphics.

I get the feeling it's somehow graphics related, yet can't seem to find the issue. And before anyone asks, yes, drivers are updated. I've had this issue through about 2-3 versions of drivers though, so I think I can rule out it being driver related.
  6. bigpapa Augur

I got the same problem as well and since 4 months or so I guess, ( never really had crashing problems before ),
    and happen when I zone here and there ( not always ) , I got 5 toons in group ( same comp / screen ) , and here and there one toon just poof , no notification , not a toons who just don't want to zone because of a crash ( that happen also here and there too , and was not before ) .

and sometime I don't see it until I switch or check my little eq button on the taskbar and see there are only 4 toons instead of 5 ( they all appear at the group window tho ) , so I need to reload that toon .

happened once today ( oct 11 ) the toon poofed .
    and another time I had 4 crash ( well after 5 min they were still zoning , so I had to reload them ).

I got a decent computer running window 7 and like I said I didn't really had any problems before , mainly when I zone here and there now ( not always ),
  7. Kianara Lorekeeper

Yea, it's driving me insane to say the least .. and I can't find anyone that has any new ideas as to what it could be, and I'm out of things to try lol
  8. xxGriff Augur

you did not state what model is having the issue. another thing could be a BIOS update, if available. as far as latest drivers... the newest may not be the best to use (at least for EQ). as i found going to an older version of nVidia drivers fixed my issues. its a pita to try and find suitable, but it is worth a try if all else has failed to remedy your issue. there are many issues that could be causing, have you looked to logs? EQ and Windows? Windows Events viewer should have the error/crash and corresponding information as to what happened (Hardware/Software etc)