Odd Crashing

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Feljar, Mar 9, 2019.

1. Feljar New Member

Logged on EQ this morning, was in the guildhall. Zoned and crashed. The EQ window immediately closed. Logged back in and I was in the new zone (guild lobby). Zoned to PoK and instantly crashed. Logged back in and I was in PoK. Requested a mission, zoned in and crashed. Logged back in and I’m in the instance zone. Died while in there. Instead of the hover mode, crash. Only now it won’t let me log back in from character select. As soon as I choose my character, it loads for a minute and window closes. I chose “Return Home” option next time at character select, and logged into Kaladim fine. Soon as I gated to PoK, crash. I can log in alts and zone them to PoK, so I feel it’s an issue with this specific character. Also, I three box, launching from the same directory and exe for years. My other boxes have no isssues, again leading me to believe it’s character related. Any advice? Thank you

Feljar
  2. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

#1 Fix for this is to delete the config and UI files for that character. Others had the problem and deleted charactername_servername config file and the UI_charactername_servername. and it fixes it.

or: Are you using a custom UI on that character? If so there may have been an update that didn't set well with it.

I would copy those files before deleting just in case.
  3. Feljar New Member

Thank you CatsPaws, that worked. Is there any way to find out what specifically went wrong, so I can change it in the file? The thought of remembering and having to redo all my specialized macros, placement of windows, items, hot bars etc is doing my head in. It was my ui file. I first removed the ini file and it crashed. Removed the ui and I loaded I have not changed anything in my ui since the chat tabs became a thing (I’m on test)
  4. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

I don't think there is any way to find out. Just files and stuff can get corrupted out there and especially being on test - lots of stuff they mess with there.