Oakwynd- Trying to re-enter Fear DZ sends you a new dz

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by NImxat, Jun 5, 2023.

1. NImxat Elder

As above, trying to run back into the DZ, I was instead put into a fully popped new dz (or pick?). This happed to three of us in the raid before we warned others.

More good news: the player corpses left in the Fear dz did not come out after the dz was closed.
  2. Fenthen Living rent free in your headspace

Ahh, the unfortunate consequences of the new pickzone load balance changes.
    Were you all attempting to enter from the base zone of Feerrott?
    NImxat likes this.
  3. Xyroff-cazic. Director of Sarcasm

DZ's and pick zones have very easily identifiable zone ID's. DZ's will have a long series of numbers (like 5 digits) while pick zones always number sequentially starting with 1, so they will be 1 digit numbers (or 2 digits in the case of zones that have lots of picks available).

Check your guild window if this ever happens again, and report the zone ID number. Compare the zone ID number to that of the original DZ.

Did you say 'ready' to the AoC to enter, or did you run into the portal?

Corpses stay up for 3 hours (as long as the corpse owner's account is logged into the game) - how long between when you died and the DZ was closed?
  4. NImxat Elder

I/we were in an AoC instance of Fear and tried re-entering after death via the AoC by saying "ready". For me at least, there was no time to check whether it was a pick or new instance before I died. I am not sure you can open the guild window while dead. But the area around the entrance was full of mobs. We had previously cleared the zone of all but CT and a handful of pets.
  5. Soulbanshee Augur

Was everyone recovering out of zone/not hovering for more than 15 mins?
  6. NImxat Elder

No, each of us tried to reenter Fear via the AoC as quickly as possible after death/respawn at the bind point (at the AoC).
  7. NImxat Elder

Tonight we had a similar issue with PoSky. After jumping down from Sky and re-entering: 1. some mobs we had already cleared were up. 2. We were unable to loot any further drops.
  8. FragsTLP New Member

Also experience this in sky tonight. Half the raid jumped off. When they went to re-enter the DZ, they were put into a different instance. The rest of the raid jumped off and rejoined them in the "new" DZ but everyone was loot locked and we were unable to get drops.
    Cainik and NImxat like this.
  9. Cainik New Member

As mentioned all the ppl that jumped off our sky dz raid were put into a different dz, mind you this new dz was not a fresh dz with everything up. We had some folks that did not jump off the islands in the original DZ and the ones that did could not re enter to join them, so those folks jumped off as well, and zoned into the different dz and could not loot anything because of lockouts, effectively ending our sky raid.
  10. Igrat New Member

Have seen this happen in both Fear and Sky, it has something to do with reentering the DZ. Each time it was death or (in the case of sky) intentional leaving the the DZ and trying to come back immediately. On using /ready, you may end up in an entirely new, loot locked, DZ.