O.k., it's been quite a WHILE.... :)

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by CapeMike4, Mar 19, 2017.

1. IblisTheMage Augur

Gratz man :)

For me, having my original toon means a lot to me, as you said, it is a lot of experiences and emotions connected to it.

Try your AA tab: press CTRL + v
    Do you have a tab where one of the abilities is Lesson of the Devoted? If so, that could be the reason that /veteran did not work.

When you make your Heroic, you will have to log in, enable autogrant, log out, and log in again. That will give you around 5.000 AA. It will also give you level appropriate gear.
    Samurai824 likes this.
  2. Samurai824 New Member

...and the /veteran command worked for my new BST! ...gonna use him as my new 'main', and my classic BST will likely get the lv 85 upgrade and remain available if needed....

Looks like this account is classified as a 'Silver' one...; I need to do some more reading on this.... :)
  3. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

There is a ton of info on silver cause it got changed so much and is very confusing but the outline is:
    You cannot "buy" a silver account anymore.
    Old accounts that people start using again but choose not to subscribe and pay for are called Silver.
    Silver is limited to 1000 AA.
    Silver cannot wear Presitge
    Silver cannot use any spell over Rank I
    the marketplace used to have an option to buy an item that would allow you to up your spell level to rank II and get more AA but no one has been able to find those items in the marketplace for the last 6 months.
    Silver will earn loyalty points at 60/week and top out at 2880. You cannot earn partial so if your within 60 you need to spend or you will not get the 60. You cannot buy the bags of gold from loyalty person.

There are some other considerations but I am sure others will chime in.
  4. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

PS what going heroic on a silver account does is covered in other posts recently.
  5. Anhari Augur

No one answered your question on the advantage to the F2P model on your old account, so here is what I know:
    1. Access to tier V apprentice mercenaries. (F2P do not have access to Journeyman). Non silver accounts only have access to tier I and II mercs.
    2. 1000 AA's instead of 250 (unless you subscribe for a month and go the Auto-grant route.) this latter won't do you any good until you reach level 51+ and I would only worry about it after you get to level 65 or higher
    3. You gain loyalty points at the full rate, instead of the reduced rate. There are some really nice items on the vendor, including bags of plat and alt-currency coins. on the non silver accounts, the bags of plat are not available. (Bags give between 14 and 15K pp/per bag.)
    There may be other things that I am forgetting since I haven't been F2P in quite a while :)
    Felicite and Samurai824 like this.
  6. skattabrainz Augur

Happy it's going well mate.

You won't see me on Tunare, because I'm on Phinigel and Xegony (Xegony is MY original home grin) but all the best.
    Samurai824 likes this.
  7. MoveFastRZ Bloodsaber

My original account is banned. Don't remember why, but I'm proud of it. I hope/assume I charged back every last month of account access that was within the chargeback eligibility window when I took my first extended hiatus from EQ.
  8. Samurai824 New Member

Things are going smoothly in Crescent Reach; talking to the Council of Six and getting their starter(?) quests done, mostly for the lore...and the reputation boost...from there, I really dunno what I'll do.... :)
  9. Shaken Journeyman

http://www.paullynch.org/eqguide/guides/quests/ <--- that has some key quests to look for in each expansion. Around 51, always fun to do your Epic 1.0 quest (some parts you may need help with, or keep leveling up and solo it later around 65ish?) 1.5 and 2.0 I cannot recall when those started anymore :eek:

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/quest.html?quest=5553 <--- good quest lines to follow, if you don't just want to grind out mobs to level. Most of the quests will reward you gear as well. The achievements for doing the chunk of quests rewards are even nicer (sets of jewelry, and weapons). Saves yourself a trip to the bazaar. Progression and Advancement I have only been doing so far myself. From what I read, if you finish Conquest's section of things, you get a very large bag, and a mount as well :eek:

http://www.paullynch.org/eqguide/guides/bags/ <--- good for some obvious reasons :D Sturdy Traveller’s Pack you can do at level 1, starts in PoK, takes maybe 5 minutes to complete. Ore Hauler’s Haversack, think was a level 15 quest, kill some gnolls in the next zone over, turn in hammers and picks, was another fast and easy one to do (these gnoll quests also sync up with a bunch of other quests for inside that area). Featherweight Satchel of the Courier was easy to do as a good race, one part just takes some running around, no killing involved, nice bag, and title for your time. If you don't mind paying for bags, there are some 12 slot 80-90% redux bags that people sell in the bazaar for 500-900p (prices are all over the place atm). Your older account should have almost 5000 loyalty points on it (at least all my silver accounts did when I came back). The loyalty vendor sells a nice bag there as well. You can also get 3 character slot unlocks using loyalty if you are an alt-o-holic :p

http://www.paullynch.org/eqguide/guides/anniversary-quests/brasses-stein/ <-- 30 min CD clicky to port to PoK (I mean, who wouldn't want that?) Read some posts on Alla, some have completed this low as 20 I think? Not sure what the real minimum level for it is...

http://www.paullynch.org/eqguide/guides/anniversary-quests/ <-- If you are interested in any other anniversary quests :D (missing 17th and 18th years).
    Anhari, Felicite and Samurai824 like this.
  10. Samurai824 New Member

Thanks, Shaken...; I was -wondering- about the Loyalty Points...I believe I do indeed have a small armada of them available on the characters I've examined on my original account....

I've yet to see a Loyalty Vendor anywhere in Crescent Reach, however...but, then again, I have a nasty tendency to be able to get lost WITH A MAP...I've no sense of direction at =all=! <_<;
  11. Shaken Journeyman

I think the loyalty vendor is only located in PoK? Very close to the Crescent Reach stone oddly enough :p

and yea... I downloaded some extra maps, that city is just a huge jumble of names, pretty much just becomes a blur. I just use Find to locate what I need NPC wise instead :D
    Samurai824 likes this.
  12. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

There are two loyalty vendors, one in POK by the Cresent Reach stone and one in Sunrise Hills. Limits are listed in my previous post - right above the one that says no one answered your question.:p
    Samurai824 likes this.
  13. Shaken Journeyman

I think the 2880 cap for silver might be old info? or I had a higher cap, and the cap amount now is lower? I came back and all 3 of my silver accounts had (I assume the cap is 4800) 4750 if I recall (bought all 3 character slot unlocks and a bag). I'm not sure what is going on there :eek:
  14. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

It is different for different accounts depending on what happened long ago when the person played and other factors, but that is way to long to go into. Suffice it to say that the 2880 is the standard for silver and what all the guides will show. So if you get more (and some have even more than yours) then be happy or feel sad that other silver have more than that.
    Samurai824 likes this.
  15. Shaken Journeyman

Ah, I never knew that, was that in the news somewhere, or some patch notes? I am missing large chunks of things, having quit playing here and there. Guess that is also why I am sticking to the earlier expansion's zones that I know stuff about.... New zones scare me :eek:
    Samurai824 likes this.
  16. Samurai824 New Member

There's a PoK Stone in Crescent Reach??

Huh...I didn't see a reference to it on the map, ingame....
  17. Shaken Journeyman

No, there isn't, it just says Crescent Reach on the stone in PoK, the book itself is in Blightfire Moors, close to the zone line for Crescent.
    Samurai824 likes this.
  18. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

No there is a cresent reach stone in pok that does not go to cresent reach. :D
  19. IblisTheMage Augur

The ctrl + f tool will often help you find NPCs.
  20. Samurai824 New Member

Oh yeah, That ctrl+f has saved my bacon quite a bit.... :D

Still got some work to do before I get to a point where I can safely make my way to Blightfire, then PoK...but I'm not in a big hurry...still plenty to do here!