NPC On Player Push

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Sinestra, Mar 22, 2013.

1. Sinestra Augur

So we've been told they are removing more push from the game which is amazing. The push we have had in the game has always been really strange and awkward to begin with. When the announcements of the removal Elidroth stated they would not be removing NPC on Player push at all ever if I remember correctly.

My question is this, why can't we remove NPC on Player push? Is it part of interrupting player casting and therefore necessary? If that is the case is it not possible to increase interruption chance and adjust AAs and skills to compensate for the loss of the push?

I'm not foolish enough to assume I know how easy or hard something is, but I am curious if there is a way to remove this push without breaking the game?
  2. Nergal Uniscorn Journeyman

If they aren't removing NPC on player push, can we at least get the hit ranges to match. Annoying to get pushed out of range for me hitting a mob, but not for them to hit me.
  3. Sinestra Augur

Also they still haven't fixed summoning mechanics to actually work to bring you back within range, it just summons you even when you are still in range.
  4. Domaa New Member

Yeah that walking forward every 15 or 30 sec is completely unneeded. A tanks job is hard enough as it is, i mean crap i have to turn on attack and keep my fingers crossed that i don't die or some one doesn't out agro the mage pet on the mob and make the mob run off. Sure would be nice if i also didn't have to walk forward.

Out of all the issues in EQ that are not working correctly this forcing tanks to walk forward with attack on it unacceptable.
  5. Maereax Augur

I laughed a little bit, I won't lie.
  6. greynartestre Lorekeeper

The game is 14 years old now. Many people end up botting to have someone to play with (yourself is someone :>). Botting melees becomes very frustrating when they get moved from range constantly by push. I know the game isn't focused, balanced, or tuned for botting, but what affects one affects all .. even if disproportionately so.
  7. Sinestra Augur

The push is a strange mechanic that really doesn't make sense, I wish they would find a way to remove it without causing problems.
  8. Bartlesen Lorekeeper

Have you ever watched a sword fight? When one person is wailing on another, they rarely stand still for it. There's often back and forth movement.
  9. Syylke_EMarr Augur

I assume that removing NPC on Player push (or vice versa) would require recoding things like Knockback and Grav Fluxes to allow them to still move players (or NPCs).

I could be wrong, but it would not be surprising if they are somehow linked.
  10. Xeladom Augur

I've never seen a sword fight where the two fighters are each holding 10 backpacks full of weapons, food, water, ect.
    Sinestra likes this.
  11. Sinestra Augur

Exactly, the reality argument is pretty useless. Besides in real sword fights there is usually some give and take, right now there is only give.