nothing to see here

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Deathcomestoall, Jul 2, 2023.

1. Deathcomestoall Lorekeeper

nothing at all.... just the stuff people cant seem to report... But i guess its normal for 20+ chars to be on auto follow and all cast at the sametime......
  2. TLP Addict Augur

[IMG]

Also if you take matters into your own hands... Suspended.
    Post evidence anywhere that daybreak control.. Suspended.
    Ask too many questions about how they keep getting away with it.. Suspended.
  3. TLP Addict Augur

suggest posting your complaints on platforms that they do not control, only way to have a chance at avoiding censorship.
  4. Defenestrated Vase It happened out of sheer carelessness.

I recall reading something official from DPG on the topic of automated game play, which is not allowed.

They said something along the lines of "it is required to commit a physical action to make a character do stuff".

So, no botting or anything scripted that controls a character is allowed.

People are using software to broadcast keystrokes across multiple computers (boxes) simultaneously.

So they indeed physically press a button on their keyboard BUT that will also (by software) press buttons on all those 20+ boxes you mentioned.

I don't recall DPG stating that is has to be a physical button press on a keyboard (some people might even be using a virtual keyboard or a touch screens these days) per character.
    So that might be a loophole in a way.

But I get you. I don't like seeing this stuff myself. I find it totally weird to play more than one character at once and even weirder doing so on multiple computers and even more so in an MMO where people come to join other players. But that's the status quo. I see more boxers than soloers on any server and I even admit I occasionally dual-box (on two computers with two keyboards/mice) myself because there's no one around or willing to group when I play.
  5. Fell Augur

DBG's stance is the Marketing 101 position: these botters pay for many accounts. Therefore, we'll look the other way when possible.

However, those who made it to Marketing 400 are a little brighter. They understand how many casual players these botters drive away. And when the last casual player is gone-- who are the bot farm armies going to sell to?
    Rounlin likes this.
  6. LawfulEvil New Member

quid pro quo
  7. Rounlin Best Pizza in Norrath!

on going issue that they dont want to fix
  8. Deathcomestoall Lorekeeper

I am just pointing out that, if you go to hate and pick. You will see a 30 people that all follow one another and everything else clearly they are real o_O. They are only killing 2.0 side....