not so friendly

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by asgaard, Feb 8, 2014.

1. asgaard Augur

Anyone know where this spell comes from?

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/spell.html?spell=41084

It came from PoK around Teek. I know it was there because I had died and went there to afk after a rez. It lasts only 3 minutes but the timer doesn't count down in PoK and you can't click it off or add it to your blocked buffs list.

I did a /who all for the caster and got the message they weren't online, and I added the name to my friends list but it doesn't show up in the window, which I think means a player by that name doesn't exist.

I'm thinking it may have been cast by one of those pets you can buy in the marketplace, but I'm not sure.

Anyway it kinda sux because you can't click it off or block it and I had to leave PoK to get it to wear off. It's a waste of a buff slot.
    Aenvar likes this.
  2. Drewie Augur

It's from the Erollisi task Things Are Best with Friends and yes it's annoying that it doesn't fade in PoK since low level people have limited buff slots available and they may not even realize that they have this "debuff" on them.
  3. asgaard Augur

Thanks Drewie
  4. asgaard Augur

I just tested it out on 2 of my toons. The doll you get with the quest can cause one of 2 effects on the player you click, 'feeling of friendship' which lasts 2 minutes but wears of in PoK , or 'not so friendly' which lasts 3 minutes and does not wear off. Seems to be random which one they get, but 'not so friendly' happens way more often. It can be cast multiple times on the same player, but you have to wait for the current effect to wear off before casting it again. Each time your target gets the feeling of friendship it counts towards your goal.

Really dumb feature SOE!

People, if you're going to do this quest please use an alt to cast it on, or a guildmate or friend who knows about the effects. If you run around casting it on just anyone, especially people like me who are afk waiting for buffs, and they get the not so friendly thing, you're going to make a lot of people angry. And remember, your name does show up as the caster.
  5. JacklSK Augur

Well damn, that aint cool. No kidding, that should change, but fast!
    Did just that the other night, roamed about on my ranger doing the dolly quest unaware that it cast a buff on the targeted player that didn't wear off.

Heh , but its a nice way to annoy those egomanical monks in raids :)
  6. asgaard Augur

It does wear off but you have to go to a zone where buff timers aren't suspended, which is a pain for those of us waiting for buffs.. Sorry, I should have been clearer on that. Also, I know there are people who'll start doing this when they hear about it just to make others mad, but it's going to happen anyway. I'm hoping there are more nice people out there who'll stop when they realize what's happening.

I posted the information under the quest description on Zam as well. There was nothing on there or the games quest journal description that says anything about the 'not so friendly' effect.
  7. Drewie Augur

Talk about "making friends" ;) (which is the supposed purpose of that task)
  8. asgaard Augur

It's a nice quest. It doesn't take long and you can make some quick plat. I just hope maybe for next year they can change it so the not so nice thing wears of in PoK. I'm just going to leave it on my toons until the quest is over unless I'm going to venture out of PoK for something else anyway.
  9. Tobynn Augur

I specifically cast mine on afk people. Completing the quest on three characters, I must have loaded up at least 20 people with not friendly fails. /snicker

You went afk expecting to get buffed ... and, well, you got buffed. If you want to pick and choose which buffs you get, then maybe don't afk?
    JacklSK likes this.
  10. asgaard Augur

It's not about picking and choosing the buffs I want, bud. I can already do that. It's called Block buffs and click off, neither of which you can do with these. Feeling of friendship wears off after 2 min in the suspended buff zones, no problem with that. Not so friendly doesn't. Would have no problem with that either if it wore off after it's 3 minutes as well.

Actually I would think you and others doing the quest would like it to wear off too. That way you could come back 3 minutes later and do it again and be even more annoying.
  11. Cordilya Elder

Someone cast this on my Trader, so I'm glad to find out what it's all about. According to the description in the link by the OP, it increases Charisma, so not necessarily a bad thing, right? I'm hoping I don't have to make my Trader leave the zone in order to get rid of it. Maybe someone thought they were doing me a favor.
  12. asgaard Augur

It's likely whoever cast it on you didn't know about the not so friendly effect. It 's not mentioned in the dialog from the quest giver or the quest journal, and it wasn't mentioned on Zam until I posted a comment there about it. And the charisma boost can be good. But if you ever decide you want it to go away you'll have to go to a zone where the buff timers aren't suspended and let it wear off.
  13. Dryadia New Member

My question is about the other quest from Grimble Grumblemaker, who sends you on quest to get hair samples from 16 NPC's in various cities throughout Norrath.

My Iksar is KOS in most cities (where the NPC's are "not so friendly", and has only done 3 parts of the quest (Cabilis, Crescent Reach, & Rathe Mts.). Where else is it safe to go? There is a minimum of 5 places for turn in. Thanks.
  14. Drewie Augur

You can go to every city and hail the NPC while staying invisible. Also be sure to stand behind the NPC when you do the hail or she will run away ! She always comes back fast, though.

You might need a key to enter Paineel, either get it from the skeleton guards (kill kobolds in Warrens to raise the faction with the guards) or ask someone else who has the key to help you use the elevator.